The enrollment deadline for GEOG90007 to March 1 2015. A link in the handbook will direct you to Faculty of Science webpage should they need further information about quota selection.
Two more graduate quota subjects, FRST90030 Forests in the Asia Pacific Region (November) and GEOG90019 Indigenous Land Management (June).We believe a similar process will be set in place.We are yet to confirm with these coordinators when the enrolment deadline shall be.
Sunshine Foundation Graduate Scholarships
Eligible University of Melbourne Graduate students are encouraged to apply for one of our two Sunshine Foundation Scholarships.
ValueUp to $10,000 per year (the maximum value will be commensurate with the level of demonstrated financial need)
DurationThe scholarship covers the 51 week period from January 5 to 31 December 2015. Subject to satisfactory end-of-year results and involvement in the International House community, the scholarship may continue into 2016 and 2017.
- Applications are invited from Graduate students who have an offer or conditional offer from the University of Melbourne and who are entering courses which are likely to lead into areas of work or research which may assist rural and/or farming communities
- an indication of their history of and capacity for part-time work (including tax return
- information to establish a history of part-time work)
- a statement of their weekly expenses
- any Centrelink benefit or Commonwealth income support payment details (such as Austudy,
- ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance etc); or, evidence of Family Tax Benefit A support.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate a history of participation and service in their schools and / or tertiary institutions and local communities which best complement the vision of International House. This history should be endorsed by a written reference from an appropriately qualified individual.
Please note that accommodation is for single occupancy only, consequently successful applicants cannot be accommodated with partners or family
For more details visit the graduate section of the International House website www.ihouse.unimelb.edu.au
Fully funded 3 year PhD studentships in the DEMAND (Dynamics of Energy, Mobility and Demand) Centre are available:
- Jointly supervised PhD opportunity on household energy practices in the global north and south: How different are lighting practices in Vietnam and the UK? And do the Netherlands and South Korea have different ways of heating? Are these practices converging or diverging and how to explain this using social theory (practice theory, political ecology, etc)? We are looking for a highly motivated PhD candidate to study how such household energy practices lead to increased energy demand in selected countries in the global north and south (preferably Asia), under shared supervision from the DEMAND Centre (Lancaster University) and the Environmental Policy group (Wageningen University). The fully-funded PhD will be based in Lancaster, but will have plenty opportunity to travel for fieldwork and co-supervision. If this triggers your interest, please read the full details and get in touch!
Deadline for both opportunities: 31 January 2015.
Do you want to become an environmental leader?
Do you wish to enjoy the flexibility to design a program that meets your goals?
Applications are now open for the Master of Environment for Semester 2, 2015.
There are two options available for graduates wishing to study a Master of Environment, find out more here or contact the Office for Environmental Programs to discuss further email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Articles, News
Important information for OEP Students: 2015 Re-enrolment for Semester 1 & Semester 2 is now open for changes, additions and new subjects.
Please check the 2015 Handbook, if subject not currently included in your Study Plan (and relevant to your stream/program) please contact us by email email@example.com for assistance.
Enrolment requirements for Law subjects: please check Useful Forms for further details.
Last date for Re-enrolment is 5pm on 12th December, 2014. Late enrolments will incur a fine.