Registrations are now open for the EIANZ 2013 Annual Student and Early Career Congress – Adapt, Innovate, Advocate – Business as Usual is not an Option!
To mirror the EIANZ Annual Conference for 2013, which will be held in Melbourne across the 23th and 24th of October, the Student and Early Career Congress, to be held on the 22ndOctober, will also be addressing the theme:
Addressing two major themes of environment and sustainability, the Student and Early Career Congress will discuss the key themes for tomorrow – sustainable agriculture and sustainable energy. The presenters will be:
- Three Key note presentations
- Patrick Hearps from Beyond Zero Emissions will discuss sustainable energy,
- Kate Sargeant from the Department of Environment and Primary Industries will discuss sustainable agriculture and how to address the conflict in land use between conservation and agricultural use and their ‘Evergraze’ project,
- Professor Gavin Mudd will provide a robust discussion on the current environmental impact assessment particularly in coal seam gas extraction and improvements for the future.
- Lloyd Vas from the Carbon Market Institute will discuss how the Carbon Farming Initiative will affect the future of forestry and carbon offsetting,
- Gordon Young, who completed a twelve-month project in Indonesia within the Australian Youth Development Ambassador program. Gordon will discuss the inter-disciplinarily nature of international environmental development,
- Glenn Davidson from Carbon Training International will provide a workshop to discuss ‘soft skills required to transition from university to professional employment such as project management, time management with conflicting priorities and managing expectations.
Targeted at students and early career professional, other presenters on day will discuss tips for job hunting, transitioning from full time study to a professional environmental career, overseas opportunities and the future of the environmental profession.
Venue: Donkey Wheel House, 673 Bourke Street Melbourne
Date: 22nd October 2013
Cost (Inc GST): $50 full-time students who are EIANZ members, $70 part time/non-student or non-members
At the conclusion of the day, attendees to the Student and Early Career Congress will be able to attend the pre-Conference drinks.
To register for the event, please click here and enter your details for your registration.
Program available at http://www.eianz.org/document/item/2131
We’re very excited to be holding the 2013 Student and Early Careers Congress in Melbourne and we look forward to seeing you there. Should you require assistance, please contact EIANZ Central Office on (03) 9654 7473 or via email at email@example.com