Parallel metaheuristics for High School timetabling problems
Our paper “Parallel local search algorithms for high school timetabling problems”, by Landir Saviniec, Maristela O. Santos and Alysson M. Costa has appeared online at the European Journal of Operational Research.
- We design parallel metaheuristics for high school timetabling problems.
- Several different metaheuristics are used as agents.
- Features such as cooperation, intensification and diversification are analysed.
- Strong elitism and exchange of information among threads improve the search.
- Our best algorithm outperforms existing state-of-the-art algorithms.