Research and the Cloud – Researcher@Library 2017
Did you know Melbourne Uni has one of the world’s largest IT clouds dedicated to research? Did you know this is part of the world’s second largest network of research clouds “Nectar” and you already have access? Cloud is IT infrastructure on demand, when you need it, and under your control. It can be used for data storage, but can also host servers, shared desktop computers with common software, more memory for big applications, and faster internet when needed. In this session as a part of Researcher@Library Week 2017, we’ll talk about how the cloud is being used, pitfalls and issues to be aware of, so come and ask questions about what’s possible and how it could advance your research.
Date: Thursday, 24 August 2017
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am
Venue: Dulcie Hollyock Room, Ground floor, Baillieu Library.
- Dr Lyle Winton (Manager Digital Scholarship and SCIP Platform Manager);
- Lucy Davies (Records Manager, Legal & Risk);
- Chris Stueven (Acting Records Analyst, Legal and Risk/Records and Compliance);
- Bernard Meade (Head of Research Compute Services , Research Platform Services); and
- Martin Paulo (Software Developer, Research Platform Services).