The Physics Students’ Society semi-regularly runs an event called Physics in the Pub, which is pretty much what its name describes: we go to a pub, eat, drink and have a discussion led by a panel of experts.
To kick off this year’s series, our first theme will be, topically enough:
Nuclear Power in Australia
The expert panel will include:
- David Jamieson — Head, School of Physics, University of Melbourne
- Matthew Wright — Executive Director, Beyond Zero Emissions
- Gavin Mudd — Faculty of Engineering, Monash University
- Martin Sevior — Experimental Particle Physics, University of Melbourne
Everyone’s welcome to attend, so come along and join in what’s sure to be a cracking discussion. Details:
- Date: Monday, 28th March, 2011
- Time: 6.30 PM
- Venue: Pugg Mahones Carlton (171 Elgin Street, Carlton)
More details can be found on the Physics Students’ Society website.
(By the way, for those who haven’t guessed, I did Communicating Science and Technology last year, and since they haven’t yet removed my username and password, can still advertise stuff here. Bwuhaha.)