What’s happening? Why am i like this? (Jim)

I am not happy mentally. …….

A SELF DIALOGUE: SOLVING PROBLEMS

First i am stuck on my essay, putting my plan onto paper. (well i can ask lecturer for help on email. Think harder get back to the logic of the idea. where is the origin, then what comes next, come on i can do it. It is all about communicating the idea CLEARLY)

SECONDLY i feel i am prisoned mentally. All i worry about is how to study more and be more efficiently at it. Thinks like a robot, isn’t it. this sucks. This sucks out my sense of humour. I restrain myself behaving funnily or at least freely, because i worry i look silly to the other people. For the sake of being seen as responsible!
(man, why would you care about image? The important thing is the goodness of one’s heart. Chill out, Live your life. Experience the moment of it. hang on, actually being funny is beneficial to urself and others. Being funny is putting on A live comedy free show. Dont’ count the last point. Perhaps got to manage my time better. Be happy of what you’ve acheived. Pushing urself without acknowledging what you have put in already is totally unfair! Set a bloody standard. Be happy once u achieved it. Look what is happening to you now? You are depressed every now and then because of it. )

But pushing the limit means i can do better. I am doing something meaningful. study=acquire knowledge. I am spending time achieving something positive. This is what uni is for: study. Also I go to society and event to have fun in uni. other time means to study.
(READERS PLEASE help ME WITH THIS ONE. LOL. FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE)

I am feeling much freer now. Good to be crazy. 🙂 Talk to u next time.

3 thoughts on “What’s happening? Why am i like this? (Jim)

1. I think that first year is the year to get all this stuff sorted out – nobody wants to be defined purely by their discipline, no more than anybody wants to be defined completely by their job.

University is great and everything, but don’t fret so much about it – studying hard is good, but maybe you should think about your methods. In Year 12, I spent an awful lot of time being studious and actually achieving nothing – I’d sit in my room and make summary sheets and write essay after essay and beat myself up for not being smarter. This wasn’t the greatest thing in the world – but I found another way of studying and revising that suited me so much better, and consequently I could spend less time and achieve more.

Last year, I felt like a faded person.. I spent so much time not thinking about myself that I felt like my personality had been sapped out of me. Study, but embrace being lazy or decadent or happy or self-indulgent. Everybody needs it.

Maybe get involved in something? Clubs sound wonderful for meeting people, but perhaps you’d get to know them better if you were actually working towards a common goal – maybe audition for a play, join a sports team, volunteer to help out a charitable organisation.. I’m not sure! But good luck. And don’t fret!

2. *pat pat* Aren’t you a bundle of contradictions? I suppose we all are right now.

Being funny doesn’t have to be about comedy – and having fun doesn’t have to be about being funny. So, don’t think you have to be a comedic superstar for people to like you! Be yourself.

Oh, and one thing I have found so far – clubs and societies at uni and school are all well and good, but I have always found that I bond more closely with more people when we are working towards a common goal. A lot of the clubs seem to be based on common interests, whereas if you actually have to work with those people you’d probably get to know them better. Perhaps you should think about joining a sports team, auditioning for a play, volunteering for a charitable organisation, etc.

Another thing – you seem absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of study you have, and how you feel like you haven’t got time or energy for anything else. Are you studying in a way that suits your learning style? For the first part of year twelve, I would spend agonizing hours studying and feeling like I had achieved nothing. Eventually, I discovered that it really suits me to learn and remember things by explaining them to other people – by asking my family and boyfriend to listen, I learnt by teaching what I knew to them. By doing that, I had more free time and the time I spent studying was more productive. So maybe you should examine your studying style!

Sorry if I’m not so helpful… it’s really a personal thing, and I am definitely not the definite guide to managing time – I’m sure that closer to exams I will not be a very happy girl!

3. Well Johanna. It is Jim, from melb blogging i didn’t know u have another blogger site. How do u manage all these stuff? lol
    Good practice for ur art degree though.
    I want to tell u that i am sorry that i forget to reply ur message.I was super busy, that is the excuse.
    Thanks for ur advice.
    Sometimes, it is hard to think like u, i mean to know the right way to life. But i am workign on it. I just get tired mentally of thinking about it. I feel my brain is not wokring. My body is lethargic. I keep thinking about the negative things even i know it is wrong. The above condition is only when i am frustrated and tired.
    Study is really what u said. It can be sapping on ur personality. That is what i feel. But luckily i enjoy it most of the time. Just need to listen to my body, knows when to stop and hf.
    Sometimes i just have to do study because it is a requirement.
    My brain is getting tired now. =stop talking. So i talk to u next time. Lol