Blog Number 3 (Georgie)
Things I achieved this week:
1. Watched all 6 ‘Rocky’ movies, including ‘Rocky Balboa’ – awesome! I think my favourite is the third one with Mr T, but a tough choice. As I type I’m listening to ‘Gonna Fly Now’.
2. Bought a new dress on Saturday, which is a massive achievement because I don’t normally like shopping because I can never find anything that I like/suits me.
3. Picked up on Saturday night – perhaps this could be attributed to the aforementioned dress?
4. Had a driving lesson
5. Drove to Traralgon in 4 hours (which is normally a 2 hour trip – don’t ask)
6. Went for a swim. I haven’t been for about a billion years (ie. 1 and a half) and man, was I sore afterwards.
7. Earned a decent amount of cash at work – have to make the most of it before the store closes!
8. Booked tickets to Dylan Moran (they’re a prezzie fore mum’s birthday).
9. Organised for my brother and a bunch of cousins to see Stephen K Amos – yay!
10. Watched two years worth of the Melbourne Comedy Gala, bloody hilarious and I can’t wait for it to start!
Things I did not achieve this week:
1. My spanish study, bad move because I barely understood the lecture this week.
2. Finish reading ‘The Secret River’ by Kate Grenville for Australia Now, I can’t help it, it’s just too boring!
3. Wanted to start my Australia Now assingment by seeing as I haven’t finished the book I didn’t start.
4. I haven’t even started reading ‘To The Lighthouse’ for Modern Lit.
5. Speaking of Modern Lit, I had intended to get a big chunk of the assignment done, did I? Of course not!
6. Didn’t start my USA Today essay, but on the plus side, I did pick a question: ‘Is it reasonable for America to restrict some freedoms in the interest of security? How far can this go without compromising the ideals in which Americans believe?’ I actually think this will be interesting and am looking forward to starting it.
So, here’s to a more productive week!