It's a small world after all (Suzanne)

Today, one of my friends from primary school in Sydney, who I haven’t seen since I was 7, added me on Facebook (she now goes to Macquarie University). A few weeks ago, I realised that a girl on my corridor hangs out with a guy who now lives in Medley, who I haven’t seen in 12 years, but was my best friend in preschool before I stopped talking to him for childish clique-politics reasons (This is a different school in Sydney to the one I went to with the other friend). Another girl who went to my school in Hong Kong during Year 8 and then left added me on Facebook – she now goes to Princeton. And another girl who went to my primary school but whom I haven’t seen since is now living right next door in Trinity College, and also doing law (albeit Commerce/Law, not Music/Law).

Isn’t it amazing that after all this expansion of your social circle, and moving countries, and living in a city you’ve never set foot in in your life, you still end up seeing the same people over and over again in your life?

4 thoughts on “It's a small world after all (Suzanne)

1. lol that was a wild guess. he came to mind when you mentioned Medley and Sydney. Our paths crossed on a sporting exchange at school but it was only when we teamed up for college footy that we realised we were involved in the same exchange.