What's with Tuesdays? [nicola]

Well, hello all! My name is Nicola and shall be providing yet another reason for you to procrastinate this year. Exits are located in the top right hand and bottom left hand corner. Feel free to read the blogs… annnyyyytime. So what about me? First thing you need to know is that I’m pretty mixed up. A mutt, a cocktail, you make the call. 6 nationalities rolled into one. Let’s just stick with English/Singaporean for now 😉 You’ll probably get to know me quite well over the course of this year, but I’ll give you a heads up. I am a Christian, I am a state-of-the-art procrastinator *shock horror* and I love chocolate. This year I’m doing Science, along with about 95% of the people I’ve bumped into so far. (Does anyone know where the arts students got to?) However, I am hoping to transfer into Commerce next year. (Though to be honest I don’t have a clue what I want to do.)

What else? Oh yes, I’m an ex-gapper (this means I graduated high school in 2006 and took a gap year last year) so any parents reading this, fear not! I am back at uni and didn’t decide to drop out to pursue extending ventures around Asia. Though that does sound more exciting…*begins daydreaming*. (I came back 3 weeks ago and went to uni the next day. BAD idea.) WARNING: For all those who think that trying to remember Chemistry that you did in High school after 4 mths, try 16mths! [I’ve already had a “I quit! I’m never going back to uni ever!” moment] Despite that, and the fact that I can’t remember how to use a calculator, if you’re contemplating taking a gap year – go for it!

Anyway, this not about gap year, this is about uni and so uni I shall talk about.

O-week was surely a time of fun and festivities for many, for me it included walking around with a bag full of advertising and figuring out what some of the clubs actually do. i.e Friends of Unnatural Llamas. I did join one club though, which brings me back to the main question… What’s with Tuesdays?!

I dunno, but it seems like everything happens on a Tuesday, maybe it’s just me. I joined the debating society – MUDS – but so far haven’t been able to attend anything ‘cause its on a Tuesday. I just so happen to play soccer on a Tuesday, and then… I had a brain wave, why don’t I join the uni soccer team? Why not? ‘Cause the training for the next couple of weeks is on a Tuesday! What’s with Tuesdays?

If you can provide an answer for me I’ll be extremely happy and give you 10 points. Its a win-win situation.

Ciao!

6 thoughts on “What's with Tuesdays? [nicola]

1. I was going to join the debating society too. But I also wanted to go to the Mountaineering society meeting. They were both on a tuesday. 🙁 You’re right.

So in order not to have to make a decision, I just slept throughout tuesday evening.

2. yep, yep can relate. although for me it’s fridays.

anyways, nice one. 6 nationalities… i thought before you said you were from England (?) oh well.

3. ditto Sebastian! Last tuesday I just went home and slept 🙂
    Gianina… I am from England, well, was born there… the other nationalities include; Sri Lankan, Malaysian, Indian, Chinese, Scottish. I think thats all for now!

4. Hi Nicola,
    I think we’ve actually met in person at some sort of orientation for something? Maybe? Maybe not, whatever, nice to meet you again and now I need chocolate.

5. I think cocktail sounds nicer than mutt. i think it’s fascinating to think of all the cultures in someone’s background.

6. The tuesday thing is soo true! Tuesday is my one day off (at least until the chem labs are done), and it just so happens to be the day when any club i joined meets. Its a curse!