Introducing 'me' (SarahM)

Hi, im Sarah, a late edition to this blog.  I’ll get the boring stuff out of the way quick, i promise! Ive lived all my life in the eastern burbs of melbourne, and as a result, have to commute for 1.5hrs on the joyous experience that is the melbourne public transport system, (as was the case on wednesday)! I: am doing science, including bio, chem, calc1 and managing people and organisations (just for something different); and currently plan on going on to do some form of med/genetic research, although that seems to change according to my current mood – most recently i decided i was going to do postgrad law, following my science degree, after finding out lawyers get paid $660 for less than an hours work.  Although im not as well travelled as some of my fellow bloggers (im sooo jealous), i did partake in a school student exchange to Japan, and have since become obsessed in anything and everything Japanese, especially food. Other interests include cycling (my friends think im a cycling freak), topgear (best show since westwing), T2 tea, crazily eclectic music (from classic orchestra, to broadway, rock and indy music no-one knows the band name of but everyone loves), swimming 2 mornings a week (although that’s not so much an interest, as filling in time, meh), and antique wood furniture.   

Taking a leaf out of my management tute questions, here is list of things ive learnt so far:…  the coffee place outside ec+comm copland makes fantastic white hot chocolate; the rowdy (rowden white) library is a must for any union member;  and ladies, never ever ever use the toilets on ground level of redmond barry, they’re quite grotty, and only to be used in an emergency (ie you’re about to wet yourself).

I thought i’d struggle to write this much, obviously not…

Well that it from me for now, im falling aspleep.

4 thoughts on “Introducing 'me' (SarahM)

1. I completely agree bout the Redmond Barry toilets – ewww! My favourites are on the ground floor of the Baillieu, they have the best graffiti.

2. “im not as well travelled as some of my fellow bloggers (im sooo jealous), i did partake in a school student exchange to Japan, and have since become obsessed in anything and everything Japanese, especially food.”

lol.. same here, i’ve travelled a bit but i’ve never been to a country outside the asia pacific region. i’ve been to japan as well years before, and it seems to me everything japanese is just cute-as. i’m not a fan of sushi though.

Thanks for the tip about the white hot choc! 🙂 Being a non-coffee person, I’ve always wondered if there’s anywhere in campus that serves decent hot chocolate.

and oh yeah, welcome to the blog Sarah!

3. Welcome to the blog :D. And being male I wouldn’t know about those toilets. The best I’ve found so far are the ones in the Deep Dish cafe. They even play music!

4. lol, thanks for the tip regarding the toilets. Being a coffee addict myself, I just need to ask: does the coffee place outside the eco building have the best coffee too?

Travelling is good and all but it’s nice to have a permanent base to call home, which is something I sadly don’t have. 😀 I love Japanese food (though I am totally 100% disugsted and against them slaughtering whales for food) and their anime as well. But I gave up on trying to learn their language back in grade 7.

Welcome to the blog and gl with this year!