Hurhur, I'm the last one now!

Yup, another late blogger joining the ranks!

I’m Matthew (but you can call me Matt), and you will probably have observed by now that my screenname is ‘Matthras’ – it’s a rather lame pseudonym that I maintain online especially when I’m in communities with other Matts (thank god there isn’t any here!).
BEFORE I continue on anything else, I would like to point out that I’m hearing impaired, so should any of you attempt to stalk me down in real life (I’m always carrying an orange Bells Beach satchel) and then actually yell out my pseudonym in an attempt to actually grab my attention and I just appear to be ignoring you, I am NOT ignoring you – I just can’t hear you! So er…shout louder or hit me with a baseball bat, that always works ^_^.

Anyway, *drum roll* I’m doing Music 😀 With Psychology as breadth because it’d mean that I’d have Fridays off (but my mum had to organise my cello lesson to be on Friday morning, grrrr). Not only that but also because Psychology wasn’t a subject that I did in high school. AND because I think it’s so fascinating that there is so much about the brain that is yet to be discovered.
I hate having to describe myself, but I’m your typical asian hobby wise (y’know, the whole gaming thing – hey Viv! I play WoW too!). Some extras would include chess and an unhealthy thirst for knowledge on deep topics. Apart from that, well I think you can glean the rest from the manner in which I write this post.

Just to get into the flow of the blog and talking about University life – I have weekly music assignments that are always due Wednesday 5pm the following week. I LOVE how there’s actually a set time to hand it in because it makes my day so much more easier to organise. Since I only have one lecture and my SALP session on Wednesdays I usually spend the rest of the day touching up/finishing my assignments. I also enjoy that we don’t actually have to hand in the assignments to anyone, it just goes into a box in the music basement – back in high school you’d have to walk around for ages trying to find your teacher who may be teaching another class or has gone down the road for that 7th cup of coffee.
What I’m not enjoying as much is the catchup work I have to do for missed lectures – I have to miss one of my Psych lectures every week and the lecture recordings are piling up on my iShuffle (which I use as a USB flash stick as well). It’s not a lot of fun sitting at a computer for a full 90 or so minutes trying to transcribe 50 minutes of a lecture. A tip? Get them out of the way ASAP, no matter how much you’ll hate it.

And I should probably sleep soon.

2 thoughts on “Hurhur, I'm the last one now!

1. Hurrah. Thank God for you, Matt 😛 Now I don’t feel so bad. Late starters unite! And also…yay! I have yet to meet anybody else at uni who plays 😐 Although, shhh, I’m actually too cheap to pay for it. I play on freeserver. This alienates me from all people: the people who think they are too cool to play, as well as the people who are so hardcore that they can’t fathom how somebody wouldn’t WANT to pay to have their soul and social life sucked out of them. Heehee. 🙂 🙂

Don’t worry about the Psych lectures. I attend them regularly (okay, I lie…PRETTY regularly, I mean) and I’m still lost. >_< You’ve probably got a better grasp of the content than I do. 😛