Question

Why are so many bloggers college students? There are at least, what, four? five? Also, why do I keep meeting so many college students?

Now that’s over with, let’s talk about CLUBS AND SOCIETIES. What, if anything, have you joined and why? What has been good, and why? If you joined nothing, why?

I joined the Secular Society (because I am fond of his noodliness and it was only$1), the French Club, the Africa club, the Mauritian Students’ Society (vain attempts to get in touch with my roots happening here), the Arts Collective, and the Islamic Society. And the tai chi and wushu club.

I haven’t been to any events from the Secular Society or Mauritian Students’ Society yet, because they clashed with other stuff and I’m lazy. And I haven’t really done anything with the Islamic Society yet except go to a free barbecue and have a Swedish-French conversation with a friend. But I have been to the French Club, and let’s face it everyone, it’s BORING. My French sucks and I need to improve it, but seriously.

Africa Club was fun – I met a lot of really interesting people, and, bizarrely, some old friends. And I LOVE the tai chi and wushu club. Actually, I love wushu – tai chi is kind of dull. Wushu, for those of you who don’t know, is a form of Chinese martial arts. It’s really fun, though painful at times.

Last Thursday I went to an Arts Collective meeting. I wasn’t really clear on what the Arts Collective was when I signed up – I’m still not really sure. but it was fricking AWESOME. We did creative writing exercises, which sounds awful and usually is – but these were really good! And it was just great! And I look forward to many more sessions of collaborative art! Or something.

Now, my physics book is glaring at me. I should go.

2 thoughts on “Question

1. I could go into all the deep stuff about ‘college experience’, but yeah, who knows… maybe because we’re all very friendly and interesting and like talking. 😛

Arts Collective sounds really cool! Where are the meetings? Sounds like something to check out.