"Here's Danny" (Daniel)

Hey everyone, wassup?

It’s already been 3 whole days of uni and I’ve already been licked up like Wizz Fizz back to university life. For example, on Monday I had a mid semester exam followed by a movie night at a friend’s place in Medley college (to save on metcards), woke up (Tuesday) missed the one lecture of the day by …… 30 minutes to only remember that I had to wait around for my little sister to finish school by 3, get home, realise that there’s a Farrago free film on, rush down to Nova, arrive early by an hour and a half (to make up for the previous lateness), watch the film, to finally get home around 11 to snooze around till today. Actually looking back on all of it it seems a bit haphazard, but not crazily different or extreme. No that would have to be my holidays.

I managed to smash up a piano, in formal ware, with hitting things. That was an interesting day, followed by events of increasingly stranger mangnitudes. But I digress, uniblog=uniblog, besides something that spectacular needs to be kept mythic, to keep the story going.

Anyway. . . things so far have been good at uni. Everythings more or less fizzled down to knowing what you yourself are capable of and becoming comfortable with your surroundings. I mean before the holidays everything seemed slightly unreal, as though O-week was still happening and you were still a new guy/gal. Now; however things seem to be more concrete, you know people in your class, you know you can miss out on lectures, you know how much buying lunch is costing you and you know who your friends are. Not just your old skool (quite literally) friends, but your new uni buddies as well.

It’s funny that, up until this week I hadn’t actually done any sort of ‘going out’ with people in my classes, it’s strange and also harder to organise things within tutes. Probably because most people have to go to another tutorial and no, group work doesn’t count. This ‘going out’ is more of a collective trust that’s developed since the start of term until it’s pestered someone enough to actually say, “Let’s get to know each other better,” (add “Laddddies” to the end of that to make it 100% fail worthy, in fact add that word to the end of any sentence to turn it into something sleazy enough to cook burgers off). So I think 6 (or meby 7) weeks is probably when most tute, groups will be absolutely comfortable with going out with each other. Also by the 6th week you should of memorized each others names. (Don’t ask me to recite the names of people in my Homer to Hollywood tutes, I know nothing.)

Hey, I’m merely pointing out that groups, not individual friends or aquaintances are much harder to have cohesion with and take more time to develope. Not that I haven’t “gone out,” bah! I do that all the time. And no I am not being overtly sensitive.

Speaking of Homer to Hollywood (in the previous paragraph, which I have now edited to be two paragraphs behind this), today was interesting, work wise. We had THE LECTURE PERSON (who I know has a doctrate but can’t remember her name, once again) FOR HOMER TO HOLLYWOOD TEACHING US. And did it make a difference, I mean everyone said something, we moved through topic’s like they were tissues for a cold, we referenced the enlightenment, and compared to other novels. It was all so intense and different from our usual laid back tutorial. Not that either of them are bad, just that I prefered her difference in teaching. Now how do we broach that to anyone in the admin department without it looking like a criticism of a tutor’s teaching style? Here I could just of course being a huge snob, but I really like having classes like the one I had today. I really need suggestions guys, otherwise this’ll fester like somesort of balloon, then it’ll explode with a bunch of confetti resulting in me getting everyone covered with metaphoric trash.
Humph. I just had Deja vu sept it was the type which tells me I should be writing about something else. As in I had the same setting, time and everything in the Deja Vu moment except that I was writing about something else. Something like Farrago. Which was…… “Boy are they hard to write in comparison to blogs?” “All my possible articles seem too depressing in contrast to Farrago to post?” “I like Farrago?”

Oh well can’t be too important, if I’m letting it go within three lines. * Shrug*

Oh also I’ve forgotten my password for this website, lucky my web browser remembers it. Just goes to show I should really type it in more. That is if I remember it.

Enjoy the second half of the term!
Dan/Yoddeuss

2 thoughts on “"Here's Danny" (Daniel)

1. Kinda agree with the whole becoming-comfortable-with-your-surroundings thing.. Feel settled in. And have a routine.. Well but I don’t know how much I like the having a routine feeling. Guess I’m still in my holiday mood.

2. Well that being said I, I’m still kinda O-week mode with a couple of classes, people/tutor don’t say their names often enough so that I remember them…. I’ve run into people and given them a non committal wave, because I don’t know, it (knowing their names) doesn’t seem to want to happen