Wrapping up Semester 1 [Katie]

Blog, if you were a lover, you would have left me long ago.

Luckily, that’s not the case, so I can turn up late and not get dumped!

I just finished my exams. Why, oh why, are you doing your exams 5 days before the start of next term, I hear you asking? Supplementary exams. Last session, of the last day of supplementary exams. Which is would, in fact, be okay if I didn’t have the flu and it wasn’t raining. Good times.

Is anyone else endlessly bewildered and frustrated by the bureaucracy of university? I don’t plan to sit at my laptop and complain in length about it, but sometimes I feel like there is no communication between the schools of Arts. I was trying to organise my exams, which I have AEA for, and everyone kept telling be to ring the school for my different subjects…which I proceeded to do, only to get answering machines or confused silences in reply. Luckily, it all turned out okay, but at times there was angst.

And also (last gripe, I swear), lack of feedback of assignments. I know that tutors have a massive marking load, but it was one particular example that really vexed me.

The subject: Creative Writing

The assignment: 1500 words fiction piece.

Effort I put it: Lots! At least 10 hours.

Feddback: ….the mark. Two figures. Not a tick, or a word or even a smiley on the story itself. I had no indication the tutor had even read it.

I got an H3. Clearly, there were some problems with it. Do I know what they were? Not an earthly clue. Thanks, tutor.

*frustrated sigh*

Anyway. Awesome stuff about uni? FOOTY.

I’m playing with the girls’ Aussie Rules team and they’re amazing. Such a dedicated and passionate group of women.

Playing basketball, too, which is also fun.

Sport is a great way to get involved and (almost) everyone is so friendly!!

I’m going to Sydney now. I have two days of holidays to enjoy!