"And this is my reaction to everything I feel" (Pris)

ROOOAAAADDDDDDTTTTTRRRRRRIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (yes, I actually am screaming all this. You are reading this correctly if your internal voice is volume is maxed out).

Some facts:

1. It’s in 3 days.
  2. I will miss a whole week of uni.
  3. I am not worried about this at all (for now).

Some more facts:

1. I’m really really really really really really excited. REALLY.
  2. I’ve already packed, only to realise every morning that I need to actually wear those clothes.
  3. I thus pack every night.

Good things come in three, right? So here’s some more:

1. Every time I think Roadtrip, I smile. Broadly.
  2. People on the train probably think I’m a little odd now.
  3. And my lecturer…I sat in the front seat and thought about it when she talked about socialists and how much they hate capitalists.

There’s a lot to be excited about. Not only am I gonna hang out with a bunch of AMAZING people (I’m sure they’re amazing. I haven’t met them yet though, but I’m sure) who share a belief, a drive to do something that I’ve cared about for ages, but I’m actually going to be DOING something.

I don’t know about you guys but I find it so incredibly frustrating to be doing something but feeling like it’s insignificant. It just feels like I might as well not do anything…but then I’d feel even worse. And I’ve felt like this for just about five years now. I’ve organised events like the “One Day” events to the “Stand Up” events and even became an ambassador for the “End Child Slavery” campaign but sometimes, more often than not, it’s like you’re trying to shovel sand into a bottomless pit using a plastic toy spade.

But then, during the training sessions (well, I didn’t go but I’ve been told) news was released about what all our efforts have done. If you’ve ever helped out in any charity – including 40 hour famine and all that jazz – check it out!

• 20 years ago, 42% of the world was living in extreme poverty (living on less than US$1 a day). Today, it’s only 19%. We’ve MORE THAN HALVED extreme poverty!
  • Australia’s own aid efforts ALONE have wiped out polio in the Pacific region!

Yeah, high five, Australia!

So now that we all know how awesome we are (oh yeah), I reckon we should all get behind this. This Roadtrip will depend on everyone’s support to make it successful! Tell your friends, sign a petition (it only takes 5 secs online!) and watch/listen to the concert in Canberra. You don’t need to give money! Just show support!

I don’t want to blab (too late, Pris, too late!) so I won’t include why I, personally, feel so strongly for this cause but hey, I can always fill you guys in another time if you want. : )

Until next next week, see ya laters alligators!

Ps. Weightless – All Time Low.

Pss. ROADTRIP!!!!!!! My goal is to make everyone dance in the moonlight while singing it in the rain. High five if you love those songs too!

4 thoughts on “"And this is my reaction to everything I feel" (Pris)

1. we cured polio? hey, that’s pretty exciting!
    have fun o your roadtrip – cure more diseases. how about typhoid?

2. Hey! It’s me again. The one going on the road trip too..haha, and WHAT? Why have you not been to the training seshs? Have you practiced our flash dance yet? It’s going to be le awesome. Which road trip route are you taking? But good job listing the petition here! AHHH. I CAN’T WAIT!

3. ahahaha jaynellew, i completely forgot to link the petition. thanks for the reminder!

to everyone else, you guys are awesome! i love cyber friends!