Ramblings of a Bemused First Year (Part 1) (Nae)

I could just squeal I am so happy. I finally rearranged a timetable that ACTUALLY FITS IN WITH MY WORK AND THE LIFE I PRETEND TO HAVE =D
*dances*

So I should probably introduce myself before I go into my usual rants. You may disregard my excitement above for a formal introduction:

Hello my name is Shae or Nae whichever, short for my much too often mispronounced first name. I am starting First Year Arts and my major this semester is Creative Writing

Before I forget there is one thing I must mention, THRESHERMANS BAKERY. It is a less than 5 min walk from the Swanston St Tram stop, down Faraday St. It is AMAZING. I CANNOT EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR ALL THINGS PASTRY THAT ARE VEGETARIAN =D
Yup I am Vegie! Anyway this bakery I am not even kidding is AMAZING, best pastry EVER. It’s cheap too!

Anyway, back to me, I live on the Belgrave/Lilydale Line and have about 1 Β½ hr commute to Uni each day, less on express trains. (EXPRESS TRAINS ARE AMAZING) (That is probably the only thing I can comment on public transport that is positive)

My obsessions: Mary Poppins, Dalmatians, Schedules, All things rainbow or tie-dyed.

Umm what else, I love the city, being in the city, just in general. It’s fun and I like exploring and jumping on random trams and getting lost! πŸ˜›

So yeah … OH I FORGOT… THERE IS A SUPERMARKET ON CAMPUS. THAT IS JUST UNBELIEVABLY COOL, probably because you can get chocolate icypoles there for $1.30!!!

(These ramblings will finish soon, hang in there!)

Synopsis: I am excited for uni. Oh and I am a mega huge absolute nerd.

So anyway I am going to go and try and figure out what I will be doing in O Week … hmm what clubs to join … ooh free stuff.

πŸ˜‰ Nae!

10 thoughts on “Ramblings of a Bemused First Year (Part 1) (Nae)

1. Welcome to the blog, and the University! πŸ˜€
    You are vegie? Second floor of the union house – the food co-op – is full of delicious. Trust me πŸ˜€
    As a fellow “WOO EXPLORING!!!” type person, YOU MUST GO FIND THE SYSTEMS GARDEN IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY! πŸ˜€

2. Okay I will check it out, I have only been on the first and basement floor of the union house so far πŸ˜›

What is The Systems Garden? πŸ™‚

Woooo exploring!!!! πŸ˜›

3. The Systems Garden is the mystical hidden garden, which is much better if you find it yourself (hint: near the Botany building), but your O-Week tour leader person thingy might take you there if they know of it. (I do recommend finding it yourself though, much more satisfying!)
    And once you’re done buying deliciousness from the food co-op, head up another floor to the Rowden White library… They have a beanbag room, and an epic DVD collection, and comics and books of all kinds. I think it’s open to all students during O-Week, but after that it’s student union members only. Check it out if you’re considering a membership πŸ˜€

4. Ahhh cool, yeah I am thinking of getting a membership and I read about that library πŸ˜‰

I shall go for a little exploration next time I am up there πŸ˜›

5. Hey Nae!
    Fellow blogger and half-vegetarian here πŸ˜€ and creative writing too, but that’s my breadth.
    Can’t wait till uni starts!

6. Hi Nae!
    Im another first year blogger, i know what you mean about excitement for university!!! i have literally jumped up and down out of pure excitedness. Gah i just wish it would start already haha. And i know what you mean about that supermarket!!! It is sooooooooo awesome haha!!!!

7. Hi, Im roy (changed my name back to my real name haha) lol its so sad to get excited over a supermarket but i believe its worth the sadness haha

8. Me too! Me three! Me four! Haha…Hey there Nae! I’m also another first year blogger!! Yeahh…I was super excited about Uni too and all the awesome things I’ve heard from my seniors prior to my arrival here…but now that I’m here…it’s only my 5th day and I’m already feeling super exhausted from all the going-all-over-hunting-for-stuffs-daily-trip…