Round 2 (Emily)

So I’ve started the semester off with a cough by immediately faltering in my intention to attend every lecture, every class and keep up with the notes of the former.

In my defence, I’ve been sick. Which sucks I’ve got to say, even though everyone knows it already. Just the typical flu/cold thing that every has had in the last month or has at the moment or will have within the next few days. So instead of dutifully attending all my lectures I’ve been curling up in bed and dwelling in the self-pity that inevitably comes when you can’t taste the taste of food. I love food. And it turns out it’s kind of depressing when you can’t taste it.

Anyway, I’m trying to drag myself out of this pessimistic mind state because I’ve got a busy week ahead of me. I’m performing in The Rock Opera Company’s original production ‘Zombie!’ which has it’s first performance Wednesday night. It’s a fully student-run musical about Zombies so if that sounds like something interesting to you, you should come see it! 😀 (And honestly if you don’t find that concept interesting I’m confused as to what you would find interesting…).

On a slightly more study-related note I’m really excited about my subject for this semester! 🙂 So far they’re great. I’m doing Genetics & the Evolution of Life, Biology of Australian Flora and Fauna, Chemistry 2 and From Plato to Einstein. Basically, I have another biology subject instead of the Physics I did last term so un-mathematically-inclined-me is over the moon. Little annoying I couldn’t do another creative writing subject this semester as my breadth but the history of science (Plato to Einstein) one is very good at this point…just not quite looking forward to the 2000 word essay at the end of semester. :/

Anyway, hopefully this sickness will leave my side in the next few days and next week I’ll have some more positive things to report in regards to my productivity. 🙂 Hope everyone else had a good first week back!

P.S. Just edited and added my name in brackets to the title…just because I finally realised pretty much everyone else is doing it…and I suppose it makes it clearer…yes, I am the one typing this out. 😀 Emily!

2 thoughts on “Round 2 (Emily)

1. I find zombies scary, personally, but that’s just me 😛 Hey same subjects pretty much, awesome! Why haven’t I seen you in class yet? 😀

2. Haha…I’m normally not a huge fan of Zombies either but it’s a very different take on the whole zombie idea…there’s a couple of love songs, quite a few church choir-esque numbers, one of the first songs is essentially a school song and I actually don’t get to be a zombie until the final scene. Honestly, I think you’re more likely to like it if you’re not the type who adores Zombies 😛

Same subjects? YAY! 😀 You haven’t seen me in class because I haven’t seen you in class and I haven’t seen you in class because this is a written medium. 😀