I am currently deciding whether to do one or two layers of fake tan for tomorrow. (Victoria)

I’m one of the new bloggers and thought I’d take this opportunity to introduce myself before I head off to Destination Melbourne tomorrow. I despise writing introductions about myself so I think I’ll list anything and everything that comes to mind (under the jump) until I’m pleased with the result.

Arts student hopefully majoring in Creative Writing and English 7 Theatre Studies.

I just watched this video in preparation for tomorrow.

I am entirely too nostalgic and an not looking forward to packing up my bedroom.

My top three movies are The Sound of Music, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

I don’t believe in wearing small high heels.

I get angry after every single haircut.

Ten is my favourite Doctor, but I think series one was my favourite.

The only hats I own are a sorting hat and a fez.

After waiting my entire high school career I finally watched Queer as Folk (US).

I totally play favourites with my nieces and nephews.

Stegosauruses are the greatest dinosaurs.

I can’t curl my hair with a straightener.

I despise Pride & Prejudice, but love so many appropriations of it.

I was disappointed in the lack of sex appeal from Richard Roxburgh in Moulin Rouge!

The best song in all of ever is Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. All other covers are lame.

I think I just ignored the phone ringing.

I hold conversations with my friend’s car Bubbles.

I still don’t know if I regret getting  black bank card over a pink.

I still love Miley Cyrus.

Sometimes I wear high heels and make-up to do homework.

I procrasti-bake.

I’m a proud Slytherin.

My pillow pet is an elephant named R-Fant.

New car smell makes me feel sick.

I get excited over mail, even if it’s just the bank.

I wish I was a princess who lived in a castle.

Also a starving author who lived in a studio apartment.

I am very judgemental and slightly hypocritical when it comes to hipsters.

I’ve used my high school gym more this month than ever before.

The smell of the suction thing to hand my razors is making me dizzy.

I don’t like the taste of tea or coffee.

I wish headbands didn’t give me a headache.

I rate the importance of things by how far away from my bed I need to go.

I need to go t the toilet so I think I’ll leave this here. I’ll let you know how Destination Melbourne goes. Hopefully I make some new friends. Or nemeses.

If you’re interested, my tumblr’s here.

6 thoughts on “I am currently deciding whether to do one or two layers of fake tan for tomorrow. (Victoria)

1. Hey Victoria! Fellow blogger here, can’t wait to meet 😀
    I can’t curl my hair with a straighter either. One of life’s impossible feats, I believe. Which is your favourite Pride and Prejudice adaption?? Personally I don’t think you can go past Bridget Jones, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant in the same movie is just too good, eh! But Joe Wright’s film adaption is pretty great too!

1. Wow, another blogger. I’m almost feeling territorial at this stage, but am equally excited to meet you!
      Bridget Jones is wonderful, and I wholeheartedly agree about Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Am currently decided whether or not to actually steal the novel off my sister (It has been on my shelf for three years). However, Lizzie Bennett Diaries is stealing to spot lately. I highly recommend if you haven’t seen it (youtube it, btw).
      x

2. Haha, I’m sure we will soon enough! We’re both taking creative writing after all, perhaps we will sit next to each other and not even know it!
    Is it Bridget Jones on your shelf, or Pride and Prej.? I found the entire first half of Austen’s slow and tedious, truth be told! (A lot of it seems quite sexist the first read…). But by the end I was in love with Mr Darcy like the lot of them!
    I actually just discovered the Lizzie Bennett Diaries! Youtube is definitely one of the many things I’ve finally had time to discover this summer!
    🙂 xxx

3. Hey Victoria and Simone!
    I can’t curl my hair with a straightener either. But being nearly bold probably has something to do with it. And maybe being a guy.
    I haven’t read “Pride and Prejudice”. Is it a book I have to read before I die?

4. Hey Kiryll! Hahaha, maybe being a guy has a little bit to do with that one 😉
    Hmm, I wouldn’t say you ‘have’ to read it before you die… as long as you know the basic storyline! Perhaps rent the film and you can therefore bluff knowing what happens?

5. Actually both P&P and Bridget Jones are on my shelf, but I was referring to Bridget (P&P is mine). I wouldn’t mind a second read of P&P, but I have so much to read before then. I feel I’d have a better understanding and appreciation of it now.
    Kiryll, it’s not a must-read, but I always think it’s worth reading classics to see if you agree with the hype or not. Personally I disagree with the hype. (Same with Wuthering Heights. So convoluted and dreary.)
    And it may be the feminist in me (she’s only small, but she can get aggressive), but I would say that your inability to straighten hair is more to do with a lack of hair, therefore lack of practice than your sex.