I have 60 hours to finish (and kind of start) two assessment so why are people talking in the silent study areas?! (Victoria)

Ohk, I admit, maybe seeing Gatsby yesterday instead of working on my take-home exam for Reason wasn’t the best idea, but knowing how much work I had to do I figured I’d be safe doing it today. Figured I’d trek up to level 3 of Bailieu and spend the day up there doing it. Figured, it’s quiet and I get a nice  little enclosed desk and it’s been wonderful for finishing up past assessments. But people around me seem to think whispering doesn’t count as talking and that I won’t mind them sitting next to me when every other seat in the area is taken.

I do mind. I mind quite a bit. If you’re going to be practically group studying why not get one of the group study rooms in which you can be bot as quiet and loud as necessary without making me angry and unable to concentrate.

I’m trying to calm myself by reminding me that I only have sixty hours left of the semester by then I remember how much work I have to do in those sixty hours and it’s counter-productive.

And now I need to pee and kind of wanna curl up in a ball and cry but I left my chocolate at home.

I guess I’ll let you know if I get out the other side of this safely.

One thought on “I have 60 hours to finish (and kind of start) two assessment so why are people talking in the silent study areas?! (Victoria)

1. Haha story of my life, getting to a library to have people whispering next to you!! Beyond irritating! Today I had a guy at the state library sitting next to me watching videos on youtube and pissing himself laughing – not distracting at all! Good luck Victoria – we will survive! 🙂