The Most Creative Title Ever aka My First Post Wohoo! (Johanna – Mia)

WHOO! My first post! I’m so excited, honoured and frankly, a bit nervous. But before anything else, I would just like to say:
(drum-roll please)
HELLO WORLD!

My name is Johanna, but apparently I’ve got a namesake blogger under “Back for Seconds” (hello other Johanna!), so I’ll go by my nickname of Mia instead. And yes, I know it’s a far cry from my “real” name, but its etymology is a looong story. So Mia it is.

This is my first semester at UniMelb. I am an international student and a mid-year entrant at that (blame the academic calendar of Northern Hemisphere schools. Kidding. :)) I’m doing a Bachelor of Science degree. This is the longest time I’ve been in Australia, apart from the two-week holiday I spent here. I am also, and I use this term very loosely, quite frankly PANICKING LIKE CRAZY RIGHT NOW. Why? Because. It’s week 6 starting Monday, and that means….

MID. SEMESTER. TEST. (insert panicked flailing of arms and hysterical crying here)

Okay, it’s not as bad as it sounds. At least, it isn’t supposed to be this bad. It’s my fault really, for leaving everything until the last minute. And I do mean LASTminute. Which brings me to rule #1: Don’t procrastinate.

Huh, I should probably follow my own advice. Right. Time to get back to… (read: start) studying. But tune in a week from now to see how I fared, plus my tips on how to procrastinate… er… STOP procrastinating, I mean.

Wish me luck!

Over and out.

2 thoughts on “The Most Creative Title Ever aka My First Post Wohoo! (Johanna – Mia)

1. I can relate only too well – procrastination is my worst enemy and best friend all in one! Best of luck for the mid-semester test 🙂

2. Thank you! I need ALL the luck I can get! 🙂

P.S. I only finished one lecture. ONE. UNO. EIN. YI. Why? Because I decided Skyping was more important. AAAAAAHHHH!!!! (panic mode for real)

Why am I even posting this? Embarrassing progress right here.