Why showering at Uni is the best

Don’t judge me just yet.

I have showered at Uni Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week, and as I walked in yesterday and reveled in the luxury of having all of the showers to choose from, I began to wonder why the University Sports Centre showers are hardly ever used?

I play futsal at Uni and football in South Melbourne, and consequently, I have found myself showering on campus quite a lot this semester, and I would highly recommend it! I imagine most people would not consider this because they do not believe the facilities are clean, or they would be too disgusted at the idea of washing in a public shower. However, I can confirm that the showers in the sports centre are very clean, quite spacious and the water pressure is not bad either! Furthermore, the women’s toilets have a hairdryer for our convenience (sorry men, I am unsure whether you have this luxury).

So, should you ever find yourself playing sport or even feeling a bit hot and smelly after riding to Uni or running from the Spot to the MSD, I would highly recommend trying the showers. I also have a locker in Union House which makes this even more convenient as I can stash clothes, a towel and toiletries there when I know I will be needing a shower. I would recommend this if you bring a lot to Uni, however, I am sure adding a few items to your backpack will not ruin your day!

Be adventurous! You’re all missing out…

P.S. Tall people may need to bend a tad when washing their hair
P.P.S. Just in case there are some of your who are wondering where this Sports Centre is…