HAPPY FIRST WEEK BACK!

New semester, new me
Seems legit to say that, isn’t it? Hahaha.

But actually…
I hope I survive this semester. Hahaha!

Hey guys!
I hope you had a grouse, first week back!
My first week back wasn’t too bad, but it was nice to be back in uni!

Surviving my first semester of uni was clearly a big achievement so far, and we probably all raised our bevs in the air like we just don’t care. Hahaha. Now, we shall brace ourselves for another semester of uni. Don’t worry guys, if we survived first semester, I personally think we can survive the next.

From what I can tell you, surviving is not the only thing you should do this semester. So, here’s some tips, or suggestions you could imply in your second semester!

1. If you still don’t know where’s your classes/tutorials, check out in ‘my unimelb’ app, or lost on campus! 

They are your best friends. Luckily, I installed my unimelb app on my phone in first semester from my friends, and I’ve been using it when I need to. Using my unimelb app is useful for finding locations from your timetable, checking notices, etc.

2. ORGANISE yourself ASAP! 

Doing MBB2? Organise your REP now! In week 3, I’ll be finished with my REP credits, which is sweet!
Have an intense timetable, or assignments ahead? Schedule yourself. It’s easier that way.

Organising is a really good habit to get into, if you have a busy lifestyle!

3. If you feel like you’re going to burn out, like I almost did in my first semester of uni, take a break once in a while. 

I’m planning to take a break on my Saturdays in Week 1, Week 5, Week 6, Week 10 and in Week 12. Everybody needs to have a break from uni and intense practising (if you’re a muso). I’m planning to take a glimpse break, so I could catch up with my friends and family. A balance of social, exercising, work, studying is important to every day life.

4. If you had some faults that you regret, or simply wanting to change a habit, just change it. 

I had faults that I should’ve kept going, or should’ve studied hard for. So, I’m changing how I study in order to make things right for me. For instance, studying after each lecture? Hahahaha. I’m still finding the best way to study for me.

5. Balance is the key to life

To be honest, I have no idea how I’ll be pulling this off this semester. I have two jobs (swimming instructor, and as a Student VIP ambassador). I’ll be adding another job in as pool lifeguard, because I’m meaning to do that in a while! I’ll somewhat pull it off. Hahahahahhaahahha.

I always refer to NPAG (National Physical Activity Guidelines) to have a healthy, lifestyle going on. Please do read it, if you can in your spare time!
http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/health-pubhlth-strateg-phys-act-guidelines#apaadult

5. If you need help with your timetable, or anything in particular, you can refer to your student centre, or 13 MELB. 

Remember to look around firstly on the web. If you’re still confused, ask around your friends. If you’re still really confused, then refer to Student Centre or 13 MELB for general enquires. There’s always the handbook, LMS, general discussion (in LMS), to help you out!

6. Don’t be shy to make new friends!

Be optimistic, open minded. One of my friends said, to your left is your enemy, your right is your best friend, the back is the one who you would marry, and at the front (I forgot what it was). Hahahaha. First year is the time to mingle!

Well, that’s all from me! These tips and suggestions are pretty common sense, but it’s nice to revise what needs to be done this semester. Have a good one, and I’ll see you guys next week!

Music suggestion? Time and Place by Last Dinosaurs
One of my favourite Australian Indie Band 🙂

– Nicole