Reflections

This semester is looking pretty good so far. Yes, I have had some setbacks with not getting desired marks etc, but this has instilled in me a drive to perform better and an understanding of had work!
Overall, I feel like I’m more at home at uni. I’m more confident now, making more friends and participating in a lot of events and meeting people through those. I helped out at my first M-ASS BBQ, which is something I’ve wanted to do for ages but haven’t been able to due to sickness. I am now a cooking pro! Haha.
Assignments for me have been more stressful than last semester, mostly because there are so many. In French, it is about the same amount, but we have 2 assignments in MBB2 (psychology- and more technical than in MBB1), and more in my breadth subject than last semester. I am finding the assignments for ‘Law in Society’ challenging, but interesting.
I’m actually off to work on an assignment now, and I’m going to try to complete it to the highest standard that I can. What I love about this MBB2 assignment is that it is one lab report split into two assignments, so we can receive feedback on our intro and apply this and resubmit it with the rest of the report. This is awesome because at the start, I didn’t really know what I was doing, in part because I missed the tutorial in which everything was explained because I was sick. I was very happy to receive a H2A, and now I know what I can improve on so that maybe next year, I can get a H1!
Something I discovered this semester was booking a computer in the library. I had lugged around my huge laptop at uni all day so I could work on my MBB assignment, only to discover it stopped charging properly! In a panic, I headed to the Eastern Resource Centre (ERC) to see if a computer was free. The process was so simple: there was an iMac there visible as soon as you enter the library, and you just log in with your UoM details and can book a computer for up to three hours (4, if there isn’t anyone in the queue – you just book it for three hours and then renew your booking twice, each time at 30 mins). The computer was easy to find and it was placed up high on a table with plenty of room for my belongings. I finally got my laptop to charge properly at a new powerpoint, so happily every after! Sometimes I feel like a bit of a ‘traitor’ arts student because the ERC, the science library (with some music resources too), is my favourite one to study in. I think it’s because it’s spacious, with diverse study areas, and natural lighting.
Enjoy the break, everyone!
– Bella đŸ™‚