Week 12!!! (Raphael)

It’s week 12! Congratulations to all my fellow first years for making in this far for a second time, it’s certainly an achievement!

This semester has been a whirlwind for me for different reasons than semester one, and while I started off better this time around and had a better idea of what to expect, there was still a lot of intense and challenging study, and I’m realising that that side of things isn’t going to slow down any time soon. But I’ve managed, I’m mostly up to date with all my subjects and have been more organised than last semester to fit a lot more into these 12 weeks. So I’m feeling somewhat confident going into SWOT Vac (if that’s possible haha!)

But Week 12: It’s that time when semester’s basically over. Some lectures and classes have already finished up and you’ve strangely got a bit more time on your hands. You have half a dozen emails from the University asking you to give feedback for the subjects you’re still finishing, and another couple prompting you to re-enrol for next year.

I’m the kind of person who likes to procrastinate by thinking to the future, and what I’ll be doing once the next wave of exam stress clears and the future opens up once more. So I’ve been looking at the handbook today, trying to figure out how to pick subjects, and especially which elective breadth subjects will be the most worthwhile and let me make the most of the choice I have.

“That subject looks good” … “But it’s similar to what I’m already doing”
“What about that one” … “Well, you already want to do two music subjects, you surely shouldn’t do a third!” And on it goes. It also doesn’t help that there are five subjects which I would like to take which are all only offered in second semester *groan* but that’s a problem for another day.

So good luck everyone with exams, and stay motivated with the knowledge that Summer and Christmas (my favourite time of the year!) are just around the corner. 🎄

For all you doing Year 12 exams, even better luck for the coming weeks, and I’ve got a few more posts planned just so you keep a clear view of what you’re looking forward to next year!

Raph ☺️

One thought on “Week 12!!! (Raphael)