2020—eek

Hello !!

It’s a pretty nifty thing to have been chosen to be a blogger for the First Year Diaries, though I can’t say that it didn’t hurt just a little to see that it’s no longer The Jaffy Diaries :(( but the sentiment remains, and here we are, in the middle of an incredibly wack year !!

COVID has made 2020 something else entirely. I didn’t think that I would be learning/reading/writing/crying from the comfort (although sometimes it feels like a constraint) of my bedroom, nor did I expect to be spending upwards of 11 hours a day on my laptop, or witnessing my lecturer stare down her dog (lovingly, admittedly) whilst talking about the United Nations. I’ve not yet experienced the wonders of Egg Sake or more than three weeks on campus (poor Monash kids lol), but I have had more awkward experiences on Zoom than I’d care to remember, and have shed more tears than I’d thought I would (definitely not Arts essay-related!!!??!).

However, what has somewhat redeemed the shocker that has been 2020 is UMLL— the heart of UniMelb, surely, particularly amidst a global health crisis. I’m not sure whether it’s normal for UMLL posts to fill practically the entirety of one’s FB newsfeed, but they do, and I’ve very little reason for complaint, especially with the privilege of a Top Fan badge (clearly thriving).

Also thriving is my Spotify playlist and my Netflix watch history—one such song that features is Cookie Chips by Rejjie Snow (certified bop); would also recommend mid-90s on Netflix (Jonah Hill’s direction is something else—interpret that how you will).

Mid-semester is fast approaching, though mid-semester break is not (logic/10)—I hope that everyone’s looking after themselves, and not applying TOO much pressure to the wounds (the presence of 10-hour Study with me videos in my YouTube suggestions isn’t rlly helping though).

Stay safe !!

3 thoughts on “2020—eek

1. Hahah, the spirit of The Jaffy Diaries definitely does live on – agree! Those 10 hour study videos glaring at you when you’re about to go for ANOTHER nap…rude. Are you into lo-fi music for studying? Going to check out Cookie Chips!

1. Music just introduces another distraction that I don’t need when studying, so no :(( I was going through a brown-noise phase last sem., though !
        My absolute pleasure < 3