Check In Time! #5 (mainly ramblings)

11:16pm, Singapore. The weather has again been getting cold lately, and it’s making me feel really lethargic. In fact, I’m having many brain fart moments right now when typing this (it took me 10 minutes to get out these two lines, I kid you not. I’ve just been observing my 10 guppies and neon tetras aimlessly swim around the tank. I’ve realized many things from being a pet fish owner, and have also experienced the worry that comes with it too). Have been trying to bake and read more this month as well, and catch up on movies that I’ve missed (I just rewatched The Grinch yesterday. This marks the fourth time I’ve watched this movie, and I’ve no idea why I’m not sick of it yet!)

I realized it’s been a month since I have last blogged. I wanted to do the typical reflection of 2020 kind of post, but I’m not in the right headspace for it at the moment, and this may be something good to cover slightly later on this month instead. So I guess the purpose of this post is like what the title says: to check in with everyone!

How have you been? For me, life’s been slightly busy but good. I’ve been involved in some commitments within and outside of uni recently, but have also taken the time to catch up with family and friends. I’m also happy with myself for getting through the semester strong, and I can enjoy the break to it’s fullest– feels as if all the hard work over the semester was worth it! But I admit that I miss this semester somewhat, ever since I submitted my final research paper on November 10th. The whole rigor of watching lecture recordings, taking down notes, chasing after the next deadline–it somehow gave my life some sort of order and purpose. I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but this really hit home recently.

Subject enrollment has recently ended, and I made the (hopefully right) decision to sign up for a summer intensive subject in Feb. Which means a shorter break, and a more intense pace of learning. Well, just have to stick by this decision and make the best out of it! Feel free to leave a comment if you are taking a summer subject as well 🙂 I’ve also just completed my LICA award! Feels good to get something accomplished.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday, for we all deserve it! Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays in advance (not quite the usual festivities we are used to because of this pandemic, but let’s make the best of it).