Sup! I’m David.

FYI, I just said sup to be different from the other bloggers who said a boring ‘hi’ or ‘hey.’ I reckoned that the trade-off between uniqueness and cringe was worth it.

So sup! I’m David. I’ll be honest with you straight off the bat…I’m definitely not the most extroverted, outgoing person out there. I guess I would class myself as a ‘conservatively outgoing’ (to be generous). So you’re probably not going to find me writing about how I’ve been spending all my waking hours and nights partying drunk and hanging out with my best mates. That’s also kind of because I actually just moved to Melbourne from New Zealand about a month ago…

But that doesn’t have to mean my first year, or this blog, is going to be a bore! I’ve already got plenty of hilarious, gut-wrenching, cringeworthy experiences…and I’m only a month into this new life. I’ve actually got my stuff together too…you know, in terms of time management, productivity, studying well. I read up on a bunch of that stuff the last couple of years, so you’ll be hearing about how some of these techniques and tools play out in first year (Jordan Peterson is the GOAT).

So what am I studying? A Bachelor of Science, and potentially majoring in either nutrition or food science. Yes, I like to cook and make desserts! I am proud to say I ate cake (almost) every day last year! But almost exclusively ‘healthier’ versions of stuff like chocolate cakes/brownies, since I’m a bit of a nutrition nerd. Healthy baking can taste good, trust me! If you want a taste, and you somehow find me on campus eating something that looks like baking, I don’t mind sharing!

I also really like to read and write. If you’ve stumbled upon Amy’s blog already, then you might know that her best subject was English Literature in high school. Well, so was mine! I could analyse poems and Shakespeare in my sleep! I liked English and writing so much that I was tossing and turning between a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing and a Bachelor of Science! But I’m sticking with science for now (I’m low key soldiering through 3 hour bio and Chem practicals right now…but that’s a story for another time). I’ll typically read crime, mystery, adventure/thriller, and every now and then read some deep, existential, philosophical classic that makes me question my life…

I also play the clarinet. If you don’t know what it is, it’s the thing that squidward plays in SpongeBob (I swear the clarinet sounds better when it’s not squidward playing though). I’ll also go gym, go to some event every now and then, too.

Anyway, that’s all from me. If you’re wondering why you would want to stick around to read my blog…well, for one… entertainment?! I hope you’ll get a kick out of the dry jokes I like to make, and the experiences I’ll be sharing throughout the year. But remember I’ll also be sharing with you some EXCLUSIVE tips and tricks related to uni life, productivity, time management, and general first-year stuff.

Catch you next time.

One thought on “Sup! I’m David.