hi from chelsea!

Hi everyone, welcome to my intro post!

Like all of my assessments, readings, lecture recordings and other work, I have put writing this intro post off for the maximum amount of time possible and instead have been watching sit-coms I’ve already seen in all of my spare time. I have also had to spend 3 hours a day on the bus and driving though, which I think is a valid excuse.

I’m Chelsea and I’m studying a Bachelor of Arts as well as a Diploma of Languages (politics, media and French are the vibe). I’m from Melbourne, but literally from the most middle-of-nowhere suburb so I’ve been loving coming into the city more than my usual twice a year.

I’ve spent the first few weeks of the semester trying to find the best study spot on campus, buying minimum two coffees a day (from 7/11 I love them so much), walking through the city for at least 45 minutes a day and taking pictures of everything ever. I have also signed up for way too many clubs, told myself I would read the recommended readings and then didn’t even make it through the compulsory ones, consistently left all of my French homework til 8:40am on Monday morning for my 9am class, and spent (considerably) more time at Savers buying clothes for uni than on my uni coursework. I must say I am loving uni so far, but am about 3 weeks behind on any sort of uni work and have many, many impending assessments, so I am not loving that.

I’m excited to record my experiences this year, partly because I like writing (blogs, not academic essays) and partly because I think it will be really funny that my silly little words will still be on the uni website in 10 years time, amongst all the past and future first years’ reflections—it’s kind of cool in a strange sort of way.

Anyway, that’s about it, bye!

One thought on “hi from chelsea!