Laboratory Peer Reviewed Publications in Assistive and Rehabilitation Robotics and Human Motor Control
- J. Fong, V. Crocher, Y. Tan, and D. Oetomo, Indirect Robotic Movement Shaping through Motor Cost Influence, 2019 IEEE 16th International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR19), PDF
- V. Crocher, J. Fong, M. Klaic, Y. Tan, and D. Oetomo, Direct versus Indirect Visual Feedback: the Effect of Technology in Neurorehabilitation, 9th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER19) PDF
- V Crocher, J Fong, TJ Bosch, Y Tan, I Mareels and D Oetomo, Upper Limb Deweighting using Underactuated End-effector based Backdrivable Manipulanda, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 3(2): 2116-2122, July 2018.
- W Wu, P Lee, J Fong, V Crocher, D Oetomo, Y Tan, D Ackland, Modulation of Shoulder Muscle and Joint Function using a Powered Upper-Limb Exoskeleton, Journal of Biomechanics, vol 72: 7–16, Apr 2018.
- J Fong, Y Tan, V Crocher, D Oetomo, I Mareels, Dual-loop Iterative Optimal Control for the Continuous Time Finite Horizon Linear Quadratic Regulator Problem with Unknown Dynamics, Systems & Control Letters 111, 49-57 Jan 2018.
- D Kremers, J Fong, V Crocher, Y Tan, D Oetomo, Sensorless Force Estimator in Rehabilitation Robotics, International Conference on NeuroRehabilitation, accepted 15/7/2018, Pisa, 2018.
- J Fong, V Crocher, R Haddara, D Ackland, MP Galea, Y Tan, D Oetomo, Effect of Arm Deweighting using End-effector based Robotic Devices on Muscle Activity, in Procs International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2018)
- SH Zhou, Y Tan, D Oetomo, C Freeman, E Burdet, I Mareels, Modeling of endpoint feedback learning implemented through Point-to-Point Learning Control, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 25 (5), 1576-1585, 2017
- J Fong, V Crocher, Y Tan, D Oetomo, I Mareels, EMU: A Backdrivable 3D Manipulandum for Upper-Limb Rehabilitation, in Procs IEEE RAS-EMBS International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICoRR 2017), London, July 17-20 2017, pp 771-776.
- S-H. Zhou, J Fong, V Crocher, Y Tan, D Oetomo, I Mareels, Learning Control in Robot-assisted Rehabilitation of Motor Skills – A Review, Journal of Control and Decision, vol 3 issue 1, pp19-43, 2016.
- M van Lith, J Fong, V Crocher, Y Tan, I Mareels and D Oetomo, Calibration Free Upper Limb Joint Motion Estimation Algorithm with Wearable Sensors, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 2016), Nov 13-15 2016, Phuket.
- G Sebastian, J Fong, V Crocher, Y Tan, D Oetomo and I Mareels, Quantifying Task Similarity for Skill Generalisation in the Context of Human Motor Control, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 2016), Nov 13-15 2016, Phuket.
- SH Zhou, D Oetomo, Y Tan, I Mareels, E Burdet, “Effect of sensory experience on motor learning strategy” Journal of Neurophysiology, 113 (4):1077-1084 2015.
- J Fong, V Crocher, D Oetomo, Y Tan, I Mareels, Effects of Robotic Exoskeleton Dynamics on Joint Recruitment in a Neurorehabilitation Context, in Procs. 14th IEEE/RAS-EMBS International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, 11 – 14 August 2015, Singapore, pages 834-839.
- J Fong, V Crocher, D Oetomo, Y Tan; An Investigation into the Reliability of Upper-limb Robotic Exoskeleton Measurements for Clinical Evaluation in Neurorehabilitation, Proc. the 7th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, Montpellier, 22-24 April 2015, pp. 795-798.
- Freeman, S-H. Zhou, Y. Tan, D. Oetomo, E. Burdet, I. Mareels, “On Experimentally Validated Iterative Learning Control in Human Motor Systems” Procs. American Control Conference (ACC 2014), Portland, Oregon, June 4-6, 2014, page: 4262 – 4267
- Crocher, J. Fong, M. Klaic, D. Oetomo, Y. Tan, “A tool to address movement quality outcomes of post-stroke patients” in Replace, Repair, Restore, Relieve – Bridging Clinical and Engineering Solutions in Neurorehabilitation, Procs. 2nd International Conference on NeuroRehabilitation (ICNR2014), Aalborg 24-26 June 2014, Volume 7, 2014, pp 329-339, Springer.
- SH Zhou, Y Tan, D. Oetomo, C. Freeman, E. Burdet, I Mareels, “Point-to-point Learning in Human Motor Systems” in Procs. American Control Conference (ACC), pp5923-28, 2013.
- SH Zhou, Y Tan, D Oetomo, C Freeman, I Mareels, “On On-line Sampled-data Optimal Learning for Dynamic Systems with Uncertainties” Asian Control Conference, 23-26 June 2013, Istanbul.
- Zhou, D. Oetomo, Y. Tan, I. Mareels, E. Burdet, “Modelling individual human motor behaviour through model reference iterative learning control” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol 59, no. 7, pp. 1892 – 1901, 2012.
- S-H. Zhou, D. Oetomo, Y. Tan, E. Burdet, and I. Mareels, “Optimal learning gain selection in model reference iterative learning control algorithm for computational human motor systems”, Procs of the Inaugural Australian Control Conference, Nov 10-11, 2011, Melbourne, p 338-344.
- S-H Zhou, D Oetomo, Y Tan, E Burdet, I Mareels, “Human Motor Learning Through Iterative Model Reference Adaptive Control” in Procs of the 18th World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC), Aug 28-Sep 2, 2011, Milan, p 2883-2888.