Meet Our Executive Team

GIES represents the graduate students of the Department of Infrastructure Engineering. The society organises regular events, providing social cohesion amongst the graduate student group and opportunities to network with the industry.

All of us are approachable and as your representatives, are always keen to hear from you. Your thoughts, feedback and suggestions regarding any aspect of your involvement with IE are always welcome!

You can keep in touch with us on Facebook.

We look forward to seeing you all at future GIES events.

President

Isuri Amarasinghe

iamarasinghe@student.unimelb.edu.au

The head representative of GIES who liaises with the Infrastructure Engineering Head of Department and represents GIES on all external matters. The president’s principal role is to coordinate the direction of GIES throughout the year.

Vice President

Aditya
aditya1@student.unimelb.edu.au

“I am a second year PhD candidate at the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and well on track towards making a significant impact with my research. Besides being a conscientious, friendly, and accommodative individual, I love to pursue challenging initiatives and think beyond the usual. Being the Vice President of GIES, I will deliver my duties to the best of my abilities. I am confident of making appropriate use of limited resources for the inclusive advancement of the department while acting as an important link between the IE administration and the fellow GR’s.”

Secretary

Nikita Christopher
nchristopher@student.unimelb.edu.au

“A passionate learner, a team player, and a fervent worker, this is me, Nikita, pursuing my PhD in the Water Group. I strive to thrive in challenges and I believe being the Secretary of GIES this year will push me beyond my boundaries. I am sure this is going to be an exciting year for the Infrastructure Engineering community and I am excited to be on this journey with everyone.”

Treasurer

Jiaxu Liu
jiaxul2@student.unimelb.edu.au

“I am a genial, open-minded, and responsible PhD student in the Infrastructure engineering department with a passion for exploring the most advanced technologies in 3D printing concrete. As the treasurer this year, beyond my responsibility in maintaining an accurate financial record, I am looking forward to growing with and contributing to the whole GIES community in a broader picture. Together we can make a positive impact in GIES, the engineering community, and beyond! “

Media and Communications Officer

Amila Premakumara
apremakumara@student.unimelb.edu.au

“I am a hardworking, ambitious and proactive PhD Engineering Candidate who is currently pursuing an academic career in Structures Division, with the excitement of achieving novelty, innovation, creativity, and knowledge sharing with fellow enthusiasts. Looking forward to interacting with the Infrastructure engineering community with the goal of achieving the highest level of excellence while having fun along the way.”

Student Advocacy Officer

SM Safiqur Rahman
smsafiqurr@student.unimelb.edu.au

Responsible for liaising with students and assisting them with administrative issues within the Department. It is the role of this member to communicate student concerns with GIES and the Department of Infrastructure Engineering.