Teaching and supervision
I am the co-supervisor of Paul Zinn-Justin’s PhD student Ajeeth Gunna. Recently I remotely co-supervised Rob Klabber’s MSc student Simon Lentz (KTH Stockholm). I am also the co-supervisor of Hjalmar Rosengren’s PhD student Linnea Hietala (Chalmers and University of Gothenburg), see also here.
Below you can find a more detailed description of my pedagogical experience. See also these other activities that I have been involved in.
For simplicity I keep using the seasons of the Northern hemisphere.
- Fall 2020–Spring 2021: co-supervising Rob Klabber’s MSc student Simon Lentz (KTH Stockholm)
- Spring 2020–present: co-supervising Paul Zinn-Justin’s PhD student Ajeeth Gunna
- Fall 2019: assisting the MSc course Exactly Solvable Models taught by Paul Zinn-Justin
- Spring 2019: teaching assistant for Schur functions and Schur processes, taught by Ole Warnaar, and Quantum integrability and symmetric polynomials taught by Paul Zinn-Justin at the Virginia Integrable Probability Summer School 2019
- Fall 2016–present: co-supervising Hjalmar Rosengren’s PhD student Linnea Hietala, see also here
- Spring 2017: Quantum and classical particle systems, together with Jakob Björnberg
As a PhD candidate
- Spring 2014–winter 2015: Seminar on mathematical aspects of QFT, organised together with PhD candidates from the Mathematical Institute at Utrecht U
- Summer 2014: Introduction to quantum integrability at the Modave summer school in mathematical physics, Modave (summer 2014) [lecture notes]
- Spring 2014: Introduction to higher-spin gauge theory, taught by Kramers Professor Mikhail Vasiliev from the Lebedev Physical Institute [lecture notes]
- Spring 2014: Advanced graduate seminar, organised by Marcos Crichigno, on dualities and emergent gauge symmetry in condensed matter
- Fall 2012–Fall 2014: assisted Gleb Arutyunov in supervising MSc thesis in theoretical physics:
R Klabbers, Inozemtsev’s elliptic spin chains: asymptotic Bethe ansatz and thermodynamics (2014)
R J Rodger, A pedagogical introduction to the AGT conjecture (2013)
- Fall 2013: Seminar on quantum-integrable models [mirror], organised together with André Henriques and Gleb Arutyunov [comparison of notations in our references]
- Spring 2013: Field theory in particle physics, taught by Bernard de Wit and Eric Laenen
During my master’s studies I assisted various Bachelor courses in physics and mathematics. I also taught at SSL in Leiden, preparing high-school students for their final exams in mathematics.
Last update: 18 May ’21