Taking the time to reflect on your progress thus far and setting new goals to work towards can help us all to live better and healthier.
Please tell us about your progress over the last year and about your diabetes management goals after MDC and for the rest of 2018. In setting diabetes self-management goals, make sure they are achievable and realistic. A good way to ensure this is by setting SMART goals:
- Specific:Ask yourself what you want to accomplish, how long it will take, and if the goal is ongoing.
- Measurable:Decide how you’ll measure the goal. Maybe you’ll have a cholesterol blood test, an A1c test, or go by your weight.
- Achievable:Be sure the goal is achievable. Brainstorm ways to track your progress.
- Realistic:Unrealistic goals set you up for failure. Keep your goals sensible, and consider setting smaller goals along the way to help you reach the finish line.
- Timed:Create a realistic timeline to reach your goals. Long-term goals take time, but if they take too long, you may lose motivation.
Please share your progress and goals below!