Weibin is an associate professor at Shanghai Normal University and has joined PEARG as a visiting scholar in 2017. Weibin was awarded a PhD in Molecular Ecology at East China Normal University under the supervision of Professor Xiaoming Wang, joint curator of Shanghai Science & Technology Museum, Shanghai Natural History Museum and Shanghai Planetarium. His research focus is on the infection rate and effect of Wolbachia in natural populations of Lepidoptera insects.
Study on the influence of mitochondrial variation in genus Polytremis caused by Wolbachia infection
Jiang WB (2017) Molecular phylogeny and taxonomy of lepidoptera with special reference to influence of Wolbachia Infection in the Genus Polytremis. Chapter 3 of Lepidoptera, 42-62, InTech Press, ISBN 978-953-51-3660-6.
Jiang WB, He HY, Li YD, Ren MY, Ma YZ, Zheng LL, Zhu JQ, Yu WD* (2016) Taxonomic status and molecular phylogeography of two sibling species of Polytremis (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae). Scientific Reports, 6: 20820.
Jiang WB, Chen MH, He HY, Wu YJ, Zhu JQ, Yu WD* (2016) Eleven microsatellite loci developed from the Chinese Hesperid butterflies, Polytremis fukia (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae), and cross-amplification in other species of Polytremis. Applied Entomology and Zoology, 51(4): 669–672.
Jiang WB, Zhu JQ*, Yang QC, Zhao HD, Chen MH, He HY, Yu WD* (2016) Complete mitochondrial DNA genome of Polytremis nascens (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae). Mitochondrial DNA Part A, 27(5), 3131-3132.
Jiang WB, Zhu JQ, Chen MH, Yang QC, Du X, Chen SY, Zhang LN, Yu YM, Yu WD* (2014) Wolbachia infection status and genetic structure in natural populations of Polytremis nascens (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae). Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 27: 202-211.
Jiang WB, Zhu JQ*, Zhan L, Chen MH, Song C, Yu WD* (2014) Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in Polytremis nascens (Lepidoptera: Hesperiidae), and their cross-amplification in related species. Applied Entomology and Zoology, 49: 177-181.
Jiang WB, Zhu JQ*, Song C, Li XY, Yang Y, Yu WD* (2013) Molecular phylogeny of the butterfly genus Polytremis (Hesperiidae, Hesperiinae, Baorini) in China. PLoS ONE, 8 (12): e84098.
Jiang WB, Liu N, Zhang GT, Renqing PC, Xie F, Li TY, Wang ZH*, Wang XM* (2012) Specific detection of Echinococcus spp. from the Tibetan fox (Vulpes ferrilata) and the red fox (V. vulpes) using copro-DNA PCR analysis, Parasitology Research, 111: 1531-1539.
Jiang WB, Wang XM, Li M, Wang ZH* (2011) Identification of the Tibetan fox (Vulpes ferrilata) and the red fox (Vulpes vulpes) by copro-DNA diagnosis. Molecular Ecology Resources, 11 (1): 206-210.
Hong Y, Peng JB, Jiang WB, Lin JJ* (2011) Proteomic analysis of Schistosoma japonicum schistosomulum proteins that are differentially expressed among hosts differing in their susceptibility to the infection, Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, 10(8): M110.006098.
Peng JB, Han HX, Gobert GN, Hong Y, Jiang WB, Lin JJ* (2011) Differential gene expression in Schistosoma japonicum schistosomula from Wistar rats and BALB/c mice, Parasites & Vectors, 4: 155.
Jiang WB, Hong Y, Peng JB, Fu ZQ, Feng XG, Liu JM, Shi YJ, Lin JJ* (2010) Study on Differences in the Pathology, T Cell Subsets and Gene Expression in Susceptible and Non-Susceptible Hosts Infected with Schistosoma japonicum, PLoS ONE, 5 (10): e13494.
Li-Jun is a research fellow in the Institute of Plant and Environmental Protection, Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences. He completed his Ph.D. studies at Beijing Forestry University in 2016. His studies focused on the origin and dispersal of several pest insects. This January he joined PEARG as a visiting scholar investigating interactions between Wolbachia and viruses. He will detect Wolbachia strains in field populations of Drosophila simulans and investigate the abundance of viruses in Wolbachia positive and negative populations from different locations.
- Stocker AJ, Foley B, Hoffmann AA (2004) Inversion frequencies along a latitudinal cline in Australian populations of Drosophila serrata. Genome Dec; 47(6) 1144-53.
- Stocker AJ, Madalena CG, Gorab E (2006) The effects of temperature shock on transcription and replication in Rhynchosciara americana (Diptera: Sciaridae). Genetica Mar 126(3) 277-90.
- Fiorini A, Gouveia FS, Soares MAM, Stocker AJ, Ciferri RR, Fernandez MA (2006) DNA bending in the replication zone of the C3 DNA puff amplicon of Rhynchosciara americana (Diptera: Sciaridae). Mol Biol Rep. Mar 33(1) 71-82.
- Rako L, Anderson AR, Sgro CM, Stocker AJ, Hoffmann AA (2006) The association between inversion In(3R)Payne and clinally varying traits in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetica Sep-Nov 128(1-3) 373-84.
- Madalena CG, Amabis JM, Stocker AJ, Gorab E (2006) The localization of ribosomal DNA in Sciaridae (Diptera: Nematocera) reassessed. Chromosome Res (2007) 15(4) 409-16.
- Gorab E, Amabis JM, Stocker AJ, Drummond L and Stollar BD (2009) Potential sites of triple-helical nucleic acid formation in chromosomes of Rhynchosciara (Diptera: Sciaridae) and Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosome Res. 17(6) 821-32.
- Stocker AJ, Rusuwa BB, Blacket MJ, Frentiu FD, Sullivan M, Foley BR, Beatson S, Hoffmann AA, Chenoweth SF (2012) Physical and linkage maps for Drosophila serrata, a model species for studies of clinal adaptation and sexual selection. G3 (Bethesda) 2(2) 287-297.
- Soares MAM, Hartfelder K, Tesserolli de Souza JM, Stocker AJ (2015) Developental ecdysteroid titers and DNA puffs in larvae of two sciarid species, Rhynchosciara americana and R. milleri (Diptera: Sciaridae). Genetica 143(5) 597-612.