Podcast Training for May (plus a free lecture)
There are still places left in the May 2019 podcast training course, provided by Podcast Services Australia.
The course commences with a free UoM lecture on podcasting hosted by Andi Horvath, to be held at 3.45pm on May 1st in Arts West.
The three practical sessions that follow are run by Christina and Aaron of Podcast Services Australia.
WHAT: Four 2-hour sessions that will introduce you to the world of podcasting and give you hands-on experience in making your own podcast episode.
WHEN: May 1st (free), May 8th, May 15th, and May 22nd (paid) – plus a bonus session for those who want more.
WHERE: Parkville Campus – full details will be confirmed upon registration.
WHY: Because podcasting is one of the fastest growing mediums today, and this is your chance to learn the highly desirable skill of audio production. Get on the bandwagon!
HOW: Email email@example.com to express interest. We need 10 confirmed attendees to run – but be quick, these courses can book out!
(If you plan to attend, we highly recommend downloading Audacity onto your laptop now, listening to some podcasts, and forming an idea of who you would like to interview for your recording).
Over 30 UoM staff have completed this course, and as a result we have many quality audio productions coming out of each faculty that promote the university and its values.
The course will cover:
- What makes a podcast succeed or fail
- How to differentiate your podcast and make it stand out
- Recording equipment and software options for any budget
- Structuring your podcast and creating great content
- How to prepare for and conduct engaging interviews
- Audio production — how to improve your audio quality with editing tools
- Best practices for branding your podcast
- Podcast hosting options
- Create and submit your RSS feed to iTunes and other directories
- Successfully launching your podcast
- Magnifying your brand – how to market and repurpose your podcast for maximum visibility
What participants will need:
- A laptop computer to bring to each class
- Ability to download free editing software Audacity to your laptop
- Pair of headphones (over-the-ear recommended)
- An idea for a podcast series – please ensure it does not overlap with any of UoM’s exisiting series‘.
- SD card, minimum 2GB
- Access to high speed internet
To register interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The initial free lecture is compulsory for fully paid course participants. You may also choose to just attend the free lecture and not continue with the paid course.