Health and Medical Data: Funders and Publishers (short Lunchtime Bites webinars in May 2017)
The Australian National Data Service (ANDS) is hosting a series of three short 30 minute lunchtime Health and Medical Data webinars in May 2017 which aim to support better management and publication of Health and Medical data.
Webinar #1 Health and Medical Data: Funders and Publishers
Tuesday 9 May 2017, 12:30pm-1pm (AEST) Register
- Kate LeMay (ANDS) will introduce the series and provide links to practical resources specifically for those researching and publishing in Health and Medical fields e.g. sensitive data, ethics approvals and ensuring informed consent, publisher data policies.
- ANDS Health and Medical data resources
- ANDS De-identification
- 10 Health and Medical Research Data Things: an opportunity to explore and learn about issues surrounding management of research data, specifically for people working with medical, clinical and health data.
- Two representatives from the NHMRC will discuss the Funder perspective:
- Wee-Ming Boon: NHMRC Statement on Data Sharing
- Jeremy Kenner: Review of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
- A Publisher perspective on data
- Peter D’Onghia, Senior Journal Publishing Manager at Wiley, has a portfolio of journals in health and life sciences and will discuss the new Wiley data policies on Data Sharing
- ANDS resources
- Data and Journals
- ANDS Guide: Research data for journal editors
The webinar will be recorded. If you can’t attend, register and ANDS will send you the recording and handout links.
Other webinars in the series:
#2 Health and Medical Data: Storing and Publishing Health and Medical Data
Tuesday 16 May 2017, 12:30pm-1pm AEST Register
#3 Health and Medical Data: Ethics, Legal issues and data sharing
Tuesday 23 May 2017, 12:30pm-1pm AEST Register
Who would benefit from attending?
- Medical librarians
- Medical Research Institutes
- Clinician researchers at hospital
- Research students (honours, Masters, PhD)