Australian Visionaries — Melbourne University Publishing
Now available through Melbourne University Press are six Australian Classic texts free for eBook download.
Accessible to anyone, the classic titles are just a taste of the many works that have been published by Melbourne University Press, Australia’s preeminent university publisher dating back to 1922.
The titles available in the Australian Visionaries bundle include:
- Robin Boyd: A Life by Geoffrey Serle, a biography following Robin Boyd’s contributions as a key figure in Melbourne’s Modern Architecture movement.
- Russell Grimwade by John Poynter, a biography on the diverse life and career of Australian Industrialist Russel Grimwade and the very first text to be published in the Miegunyah Press series in 1967.
- Charles Conder, The Last Bohemian by Ann Galbally, a passionate biography on Charles Conder, the original and young Impressionist from Heidelberg School whose works remain in many international major collections.
- Robert Menzies, A Life by Allan Martin, the first detailed biographical account of the life and rise of the powerful public figure Robert Menzies.
- Mawson, A Life by Philip Ayres, a biography detailing the significance of Sir Douglas Mawson’s life and work as an Antarctic Explorer.
- A World That Was by Ronald M. Berndt and Catherine H. Berndt, an encompassing fieldwork-based account of traditional Aboriginal life for the Yaraldi group of south-eastern Australia.
These texts each offer a variety of valuable insights into Australian history, contributing to our understanding of how past political figures, cultural movements and complex social networks have evolved and impacted upon our current social climate.
These works have been published by Melbourne University Press’ sub arm Miegunyah Press, who pride themselves on their original, prestigious and affordable publications with unique cover design.