Dimensions for Faculty Research Managers and research support staff
Last week on the Researcher@Library blog, we re-introduced Dimensions. This is a research insights platform that brings together grants, publications, citations, alternative metrics, and policy documents. The University of Melbourne has a subscription for the platform – using your University of Melbourne email address, all staff and students can create an account for Dimensions and then login to the ‘standard’ access level. Access can also be retrieved via the Library Catalogue.
Some examples of the ways in which Dimensions can be used include:
- Discovery of the latest publications, awarded grant funding, clinical trials or patents on any topic of interest, worldwide.
- Bench-marking of research organisations, funders, publications or researchers in a particular topic, or across all research activity.
- Identification of new sources of research funding for future funding applications
- Analysis of the research activity at our own organisation, and how this is changing over time.
The Research Impact Library Advisory Service (RILAS) group at the University of Melbourne Library is hosting an one-hour session for Faculty Research Managers and other research support staff*. This workshop will outline how this very useful tool can help these staff in their roles at the University.
Date and time: Wednesday 12 June 2019 11am-12pm (AEST).
Venue: eLearning Studio 1, 1st Floor Baillieu Library, University of Melbourne.
* The session dedicated to HASS researchers will also be held on 6 June 2019 – more information. The session for STEMM researchers was held on 16 May 2019. See full program for UoM students and staff.