The 2019 Visualise Your Thesis Competition for Graduate Researchers is now international!
The 2019 Visualise Your Thesis (VYT) has launched and is now international. Showcase your research, represent your University on the global stage, and win some great prizes – all while building key communication and design skills!
The VYT competition challenges you (currently enrolled graduate researchers) to create a 60-second digital “explainer” that showcases your research and potential research benefits to a broad, non-specialist audience.
Register now to get the 2019 competition kit.
- GR registration closes: 9 August 2019, 12 noon.
- Entry submission closes: 16 August 2019 12 noon.
- UoM winner announced at the VYT Awards event: 28 August 2019
- International winner announced at eResearch Australasia Conference (Brisbane) 21-24 October 2019
University of Melbourne Visualise Your Thesis Competition (heat)
- 1st prize: AUD$1,000 gift card (funded by SSAF)
- 2nd prize: AUD$500 gift card
- 3rd prize: AUD$250 gift card
- Viewers’ Choice prize: AUD$100 VISA card (sponsored by University House)
International Visualise Your Thesis Competition (online final)
- 1st prize: AUD$5,000 gift card
- 2nd prize: AUD$2,000 gift card
- 3rd prize: AUD$1,000 gift card
- Viewers’ Choice prize: TBA
Be sure to attend the upcoming information session to find out more about the exciting international competition.
Tuesday 9 July 2019, 1.00-1.30pm, Baillieu Library
Join the VYT team for light refreshments to find out more about the competition and ask questions. Bookings are essential for catering purposes. Catering for this event is funded by a SSAF Grant.
Register your institution to run a Visualise Your Thesis Competition before the closing date on Sunday 7 July 2019.