Upcoming Webinar: Public Access and Your Thesis (03/08/2020)
Get an overview of everything you need to know to prepare a PhD or Masters by Research thesis for the University’s Open Access Repository.
- An overview of University of Melbourne policy governing public access to graduate research theses.
- An overview of the systems used for examination and open access publishing: TES and Minerva Access.
- The benefits of making a thesis open access, along with a consideration of potential issues.
- Selecting and applying embargo periods to protect commercial IP, patent applications, legally/politically sensitive information, and your ability to publish.
- Managing 3rd-party copyright.
- Issues to be aware of early if planning to submit a thesis-with-publication.
- Dimity Flanagan, Manager, Scholarly Communications. Dimity is responsible for promoting open scholarship at the University in order to ensure University of Melbourne research is disseminated as widely as possible.
- Wil Villareal, Liaison Librarian (Health & Life Sciences). Wil supports the learning, teaching and research activities of the School of Biomedical Sciences and the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences. Wil also routinely fields queries about copyright, publishing and intellectual property on behalf of the University Copyright Office.