Nana Nap Saves Students’ Lives (Nicole)

If you’re feeling intense, or feeling exhausted in some way while at uni, go take a nana nap. Five to fifteen minutes does make a difference. I try to take about half an hour to an hour nana nap during my day, especially on the way to uni, because it really refreshes my mind after being drowsy at some point of my day.

Today, I took a nana nap at System Gardens. For an hour. With my picnic mat. Wrapped around me in the sun. It was totally worth every minute. Didn’t care whether I needed to practise. Didn’t care whether I should go to the lunchtime concert. Didn’t mind if people looked at me like I’m some homeless student, lying around systems taking a nana nap, but it was SOOOO worth it when I woke up. I only focused on the sounds around me, which made me calm and relaxed. I did felt a little insecure at some point when I started wrapping myself up with my picnic mat, as the breeze came in. Haha. My friend even wanted to take a sneaky photo of me napping. Hahaha. You have been warned when sleeping in public places around uni… except for the Wom*n’s room, because we leave people who is taking a nap in peace, and respect. Hahaha.

Any ways, do what you gotta do to reenergise yourself after a hard day, or having a drowsy day. Majority of the time, I have lots of tea, coffee, hot chocolate to get through my day, if I don’t have time to take a nap. But I try to fit a nana nap if I have the opportunity to. 🙂

Right now, I am taking care of myself, and focusing what my needs are, after having a performance from last night, and after I had finished sending off information for MSS Mentoring Networking Program. A break is much more needed now, but taking a nana nap is like a break for me, and hopefully to you too. 🙂

For those first years, and everyone else out there, Week 4 is almost ending soon! Mid-semester break shall be a good one! 🙂

– Nicole

One thought on “Nana Nap Saves Students’ Lives (Nicole)

1. That sounds perfect, Nicole. It’s so important to focus on self care. I hope you’ve prompted a new trend on campus. Keep looking after yourself.