The End is Thy Near

No time, no see readers! I have been super duper busy lately. Mainly, the workload has been off the charts after the sixth week of semester two. It has been crazy. Today, all of my assessments are FINISHED. DONE! I’m really happy. Now, I just need to focus on my recital exam, which is coming up next week.

This week has been a bit of a mess. Knowing that two essays were due in the same week in advanced has taken its toll, and I have done it again; doing my essays last minute… once again. I personally am thinking, “When am I going to break the circle of last minute essay assessments?” It’s second year, and I still yet, don’t have the motivation to do essay early. *sigh* Next year, I’ll have to be better in doing my essays early, because third year is when it all counts!

I also have arm and thumb injury in both left and right arms, and thumbs for the past two weeks. It has been getting better, but wishing it wouldn’t happen this time of year. I am a bit frustrated with myself that a muscle strain has happened! This happened over driving, when I was gripping my steering wheel so hard, while driving on Beach Rd in heavy, pouring rain. Yeap. Not a super great feeling. Oh well. At least I’m taking precautions now, since I’m getting closer to my recital exam.

I’m really super duper excited to be finishing second year. Lots of things has happened. Good, bad and the ugly, but that is life as a music student. Crappy things happen, you evaluate, reflect and try to focus ahead. Good things happen, you take on board on what went really well.

Again, exciting things has happened over the semester. I got elected as a second and third year representative for MSS (Music Students’ Society), which is great! Though, I wanted to go for Vice President this year, but unfortunately I couldn’t get the role. I feel okay about it. I guess it’s fate that I’m second and third year representative, because I think I’ll do best for that role next year. I have ideas for this cohort to make it better. So, 2017 will be another exciting year indeed.

I’m also going back into Netball this upcoming season! I’m actually excited. Though, I wish I can do rowing, but seeing the blisters of a rower, is making me say, “NO!” from my instincts as a pianist. Too chicken to see my beautiful hands become a heck lot of blisters from rowing. I’ll eventually have ultimate guts to become a rower. Hahaha.

Any ways, I hope everything is going well! The end is near!

Nic