Third Year Update!

I’m a little bit late into the party, but hello once again, everybody! This is probably the first time that ‘Back for Seconds’ has invited third year blogger(s) into this blog community. So, I am very delighted to be back here writing in this blog site again! I will be writing occasionally in this blog site, as I have a very busy year ahead, but I’ll try my very best to keep you guys updated.

These past few months has been a bit crazy indeed. I started third year early by doing a summer intensive like what I did during second year. I had a career crisis on what I want to do after I finished my undergraduate studies. I had a lot going on. It was a bit overwhelming, but I managed to get through it by getting through my day as best as I can, with the support I received from my friends, family and even my career’s advisor from the con. During the hard times I had, I wasn’t feeling very well in terms of mental health. I started feeling sad, and was not like myself pretty much. I guess it was because I had a bit of issues with work, MSS committee, and a few other things from uni that was a bit stressful. It was hard to deal with. I felt like things were being thrown on top of myself. Don’t worry, things are a bit better now when issues from work, and a few other things from uni has been subsided. There are still a few little things hanging in the air, but I’m trying not to worry about it very much, as I have an essay due the week after. I’m trying to take control on what matters at the moment, rather than let other things drag myself down into a black hole.  The most important thing I find when things are thrown at myself is that, I just need to try and keep going, and take care of myself the best as I can. Doing something that makes me happy that is not reminding myself of my studies is one of the best cures.

I brought cheap croissants, and pastry down for my family and I to share on Elizabeth St near Collins St for $2 or $3 each! So go there after 4 or 5 pm, and you’ll get fresh, cheap, yummy deals! There’s also a great magazine, stationery, and gift store, and a little coffee place down on Elizabeth St too! It called magazine, (haha, I know, how ironic, but I love the vibe there). Best exploring I have done after my day of uni!

Anyways, I have really great news! Since MSS Mentoring Networking Program was going into its second year, and has gain great recognition from the MCM community, one of the staff from my faculty wants to make it even bigger and better! So, I had a meeting with the program officer from my faculty early in the semester, and are really interested in being involved in it. So, I’m very excited indeed. I guess I won’t be able to leave the con just yet! Haha!

My third year experience as a music student has been a bit interesting, in terms of finding myself on where I really do want to go. So, I hope you’re keen to find out on my third year journey too.

-Nicole

One thought on “Third Year Update!

1. Welcome back, Nicole! It’s wonderful to join you on your third year journey! Keep looking after yourself, finding the things that make you happy (croissants sound lovely!), and take things one step at a time.