MSPGH Seminar: 21st October 2015 – Knowledge Exchange – Stories from the Field
12.30-1.30pm, Wed 21st October 2015
Seminar Room 515, Level 5, 207 Bouverie Street, Carlton
- Professor Kerry Arabena, Chair of Indigenous Health and Director, Indigenous Health Equity Unit;
- Dr Rebecca Armstrong, Associate Director, Public Health Insight;
- Dr Richard Williams, Research Fellow, McCaughey VicHealth Community Wellbeing Unit;
- Ms Fiona Lange, Health Promotion Project Officer, Indigenous Eye Health Unit; and
- Dr Melanie Davern, Director of Community Indicators Victoria, McCaughey VicHealth Community Wellbeing Unit
All presenters are from the Centre for Health Equity, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
This seminar will be hosted by the Knowledge Exchange Portfolio which supports the Centre for Health Equity to engage with the practice of knowledge exchange. This focuses on the engagement between policy, research, practice and community.
Knowledge exchange is a concept generally used to describe the generation of knowledge between communities, policy-makers, practitioners and researchers.This seminar seeks to share stories from across the Centre for Health Equity of our experiences with knowledge exchange. Professor Kerry Arabena will describe the process of knowledge exchange as applied to The First 1000 days project – a research project that seeks to establish an evidence-based data set to support health planning for Indigenous children from conception to age two. Fiona Lange will share the need to design a flexible, organic approach to knowledge exchange reflecting on her experiences in promoting Indigenous eye health. Dr Richard Williamss will describe his experiences working with a range of community and industry partners in the Carlton Connect initiative. Dr Rebecca Armstrong will provide an overview of the wrk conducted by Public Health Insight to explore the impact of knowledge exchange strategies in a range of decision-making contexts. Dr Melanie Davern will chair this session
For more details, please view the Event Flyer.
All other enquiries to Nora Li, Tel: 03 8344 9350.