I have worked full-time in the Statistical Consulting Centre since 2004.
In this time I have consulted on over 600 different projects, and provided over 200 reports to clients.
My background is in psychology and statistics, and I bring to consulting over thirty years of experience in working in the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Victorian government agencies, and academic institutions. I enjoy the challenge and stimulation of working with clients from many different fields. Providing plain language explanations and applied interpretations of statistical analysis, often using high quality statistical graphics, is an important part of my consulting practice.
Here are some examples of my consulting work, which often involves collaboration with my colleagues in the Statistical Consulting Centre.
- Meta-analysis to support expert witness evidence in a class action over the use of transvaginal mesh implants.
- Design and analysis of trials of 3D x-ray technology at Australian airports.
- Design and analysis of a range of different surveys of public transport users for government agencies including Public Transport Victoria and Transport for NSW.
- Analysis of police records in a case of racial profiling in Flemington and North Melbourne.
- Analysis of student well-being surveys for the University of Melbourne (in collaboration with Associate Professor Wendy Larcombe and Dr Chi Baik).