Web of Knowledge – recent enhancements
- More descriptive error messages when no results are found, when too many results are found, and when searching is in progress.
- Larger click-able targets in refine panel and full record.
- Improved Institutional Registry Searching – institutional name variants automatically searched.
- Easier navigation easier via touch pad (on laptop) or touch screen (on tablet such as iPad).
- ResearcherID – now allows proxy claiming of ResearcherID – manage your academic reputation more easily by delegating to a proxy.
- Expanded the UK/US synonym dictionary.
- Left Hand Truncation will be supported in Topic, Title, UID and ID codes fields.
- Search for a cited article or book title in a Cited Reference Search.
- No more stopwords on phrases such as “Vitamin A”
- Support for proximity operator NEAR/x
- The 100,000 record limit has been eliminated so users can now conduct more accurate analysis when refining and analyzing results.
- Mark and export cited references from an article’s bibliography.
- Create a Marked List from across any of the all Web of Knowledge databases – with accessible, database-specific Marked List subsets.
Online presentation of these and all recent enhancements at: