Third Week Thoughts

1. Has the Baillieu Library always been this busy at the start of semester? I feel like I’m back in swot vac where every single desk and spare chair is taken…does anyone agree??!

2. For those of you who are serious about working in finance – whether it be M&A, funds management, equities research ect…let me share with you one of the best pieces of advice I have been given in my university career to date. There exists a small unknown, ACCOUNTING subject which only has about 25 students in the class…it’s called “Business and Financial Analysis” – DO IT. This subject is making me get out of bed on Tuesday mornings feeling EXCITED. Reminiscent of the buzz I used to get every morning I woke up as an M&A intern. I wish I’d had the opportunity to do this subject earlier because it actually teaches you real word stuff. Stuff you will do in your analyst job EVERY DAY. Would have made my summer a hell of a lot easier knowing these things in advance…!

3. My final words of advice for today: If you are majoring in finance, do as MANY SECOND YEAR FINANCE SUBJECTS AS POSSIBLE. IT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER IN THIRD YEAR. Believe me on this. Don’t waste your time on economics subjects like I did unless you are actually going to major in economics. First year macro and micro are enough.

One thought on “Third Week Thoughts