1-1-6

That, is apparently the number combination to know in Engineering. Easy. I actually learned something in my Engineering subject! That’s quite good considering that I’m a Landscape Architecture student who’s crazy enough to take engineering as an Elective. Two weeks’ worth of chemical engineering lectures made me realise just HOW crazy.

So then, week 3… I’m ashamed to say, I’ve fallen into the habit of leaving things to the last minute yet again. I have a project which is worth 1/5 of my subject mark due, oh, next week and yep, I’m just starting it this week. Old habits die hard. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to after next week – a trip to Apollo Bay, to be exact. This would be my best Uni excursion so far. Sure beats trekking to Mount Dandenong on a rainy (with thunderstorms too!) day. And this time around, the excursion is for design studio rather than for some dodgy soil sampling/testing crusade.

edit: p.s. The 1-1-6 corresponds to the ‘recipe’ to mortar, particularly the typical Portland Cement. That is: 1 part cement, 1 part lime and 6 parts sand.