It’s the climb

I have more than 6,500 words to write over the next six weeks, and probably like 150,000 words to read to inform my writing, and I’ve written about 10, and read approximately 3,000 🥳 🥳 Love !!

The prospect of mid-semester break (which isn’t even mid-semester break, more like ¾-semester break, so pls, UniMelb, do stop teasing and triggering) is keeping me going. I’ll have an entire WEEK to make a dent in my currently non-existent reading list and hopefully write something half-decent and thus not have to rewrite 70% of my essay the night before submission, as has happened twice already this semester (but who’s counting? Not me). An easing of Victorian restrictions is on the cards, too!! Hopefully my cabin fever will be capable of dissipating soon, and I won’t spend all of my days thinking about my ESSAYS and buckwheat pasta and the next movie I’m going to watch (the last was The Young Offenders on Netflix ; wholesome in the most unwholesome way possible, recommend !!).

I really hope you’re looking after yourself!! Life’s a bit (ahh) hectic at the minute, and so if you’re struggling, consider reaching out to somebody! It can be difficult to voice what’s bothering you, and, as someone who doesn’t talk about their feelings oops, stumbling upon Headspace’s live chat was a fantastic way to wrap up last Friday night’s crying session (did have to wait for 2.5 hours to talk to someone virtually, which is awfully-telling about the difficulty of subsistence rn, but I did get some reading done because I was forced to face my laptop whilst waiting, so a win-win, truly). https://headspace.org.au/eheadspace/connect-with-a-clinician/ << if you need to talk :)))

Stay safe !!!

Song of the blog post: Knock you down, Keri Hilson  ☄️

One thought on “It’s the climb