Chapter Fifty-Two: Farmer’s Market (ee-ai-ee-ai-oh!)

So today I went to the farmer’s market which is held twice a week in central park. And if you want good fresh produce you want to come to Davis. Melbourne isn’t really that busy and stressful a city, but it is a city none the less. And I’m sort of enjoying the rural-like quiet and laid back life here.

(Right picture: african milk weed from a bouquet of flowers)

I was really excited about having fresh figs for the first time in almost forever. But then they made my tongue tingly after I ate a whole punnet. H says that means I’m mildly allergic to them. Sadness! But at least they are still pretty and I will eat them none the less.

And I was told that Kettle Korn (aka caramle pop corn) was really good, and I tried a sample and it was indeed good. But I was full from the figs so I didn’t buy any. Especially since the smallest packet that was by no means small was named the “teaser” and the next biggest packet which was probably the size of your head was called the “pleaser” and the big papa “value pack” was the height of your five year old illegitimate love child!