News: High Court chaise longue for sale

Someone in Canberra is selling an ex-High Court chaise longue on Gumtree. I must admit that I am sorely tempted – surely the bloggers on this blog can only be inspired if we compose our posts on a court chaise longue? – although I suspect it’s “pickup only”! If you click on the link you’ll see it has a High Court stamp on the leg.

This entry was posted in News, Opinions by Katy Barnett. Bookmark the permalink.

About Katy Barnett

Katy Barnett is an Associate Professor at Melbourne Law School. She was awarded her PhD in 2010, and it was published in 2012 by Hart Publishing as a monograph entitled Accounting for Profit for Breach of Contract: Theory and Practice. In 2013 she was a visiting scholar with Brasenose College, Oxford as part of the Melbourne-Oxford Faculty Exchange.

2 thoughts on “News: High Court chaise longue for sale

1. I’d always trust Katy over a spell-checker. At least according to Wikipedia, Chaise Longue means ‘long chair’, although confusingly the Swiss have a film called Lounge Chair (in English. In French, it’s La méridienne. I’m not sure what that is that Kristin Scott Thomas is lounging on.)