Sleepy (Rick)

Got a flu on Friday.
Some other people did too.
I feel better now –
how about you?

(sorry that was so cheesey)

Not really in the mood for writing (heaps), but I don’t want to let you down. But it is very strange not to hear from Jez for so long. Must be still sick.

I went to the University Health service and had a checkup and now know I’m B12 defiecient. So I’m jamming B12 pellets down my throat, along with the B Complex. The health service at the University is great. They bulk-bill and are very friendly. The Dental service is also very competitive, with $25 for a checkup for health-care card holders with a student union membership, or $50 if you don’t have the health care card. ($80 for those without union membership.) Today I did have a dental appointment but unfortunately some of their equipment has broken down and they had to reschedule my appointment.

Strange event of the week – walking along near Bullewinkles and two people, about 10 metres away from each other drop their books onto the ground at the same moment. I could not help but stopping at this bizarre (and funny) coinsidence.

On Tuesday last week on the stage was True Live. They had a double bass, electric cello, violin, drummer, pianist and MC, giving a fresh sound with a groovy beat that made you feel like dancin’. I wanted to start dancing, but the chef at my college slept in (for the first time I know) and there wasn’t lunch at the usual 12:30, so I went to get some food from the free BBQ which took me to about 1:20pm (I got there about 12:55), and then had to eat it. It just so turned out that when I finally did finish eating, that the next song that I felt like dancing to heaps of people rose. I’m also looking forward to next week on Tuesday, as their decription (what ever it was now) sounded interesting. (I remember it sounding interesting.)

The Physics Prac went bad – accidently entered voltages of 1000 times less, and got a very bad result for Planck’s constant.

Last Friday I bumped into someone from my lectures and we decided to have coffee and do some maths homework. We then made our way to the Baillieu and I borrowed a laptop, but intead of doing homework, we watched heaps of flash movies, and especially laughed at The Ultimate Showdown. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267 Now I can’t seem to stop humming it.

The weekend brought a maths Talk by Dr. Marty Ross called Maths vs God, and was both funny, and very interesting. Explaining the flaws in some mathematical proofs for God (honestly I think the guy that tried to do this is an idiot, after seeing where some odds were pure estimates, which have no real value, since to give something a probability you either need a good reason to give it that probability (such as on a coin there is two sides that are equally likely), or through past observation. He also talked a little on how science and religion do not tend to cause any real conflicts on a personal level to those in the US that have also studied things like evolutionary theory, etc.

This Tuesday brought a band I wasn’t so rapt in, they weren’t bad, just didn’t find it interesting to listen to. But I did see a friend of a friend. I then went on to meet friends of friends of my friend. It was kind of weird at first, but then got into it. I suppose it just wasn’t what I was expecting that day. (and I was still tired from the flu)

I probably sound different from usual, but this post was probably more rushed as there just doesn’t seem to be heaps of spare time at the moment. I don’t think there’s much on this weekend thankfully. I can study for the physics test!

3 thoughts on “Sleepy (Rick)

1. Very sick? You’re not wrong. We’re talking two hospital visits, a drip, ultrasound, a few more tests tomorrow and a gastroscopy next Tuesday. Yeh, so no blogging for me.

Don’t worry guys. I’ll be ok.
    jez